Ze Friday thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Admin, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Admin Guest

happily watching the clock till 5pm

be glad of the weekend:thumbup:

beers and some easy to cook food tonight.make the most of having the house to myself.

tomorrow get my brothers caddy from the garage and sort it out for selling.

though it looks set to p*ss down all weekend[xx(][8(] no work on the shed in this weather!

Friend is back from Canda for a fleeting trip for his sisters wedding. so a few of us are getting together to catch up, all from far flung places and not seen each other for ages

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

son of a *****!, was just typing it out [:D]

just the usual weekend of sobriety for me :)

3. Raider Forum Member

Working tonight and tomorrow night.... Tomorrow lie in cathcing up on recorded Television from the the week... Afternoon I'll ttry and get bit of hedgecutting and Grasscutting in before work.

Sunday theres a car show of some sort I think in Frodsham so might pop along for a look at that if its dry and curry and Beer Sunday night.

4. karmann gettit

karmann gettit Forum Member

We have nice weather forecast here for once!

This eve free wine tasting! No obligation haaaa haaaaaa. Better make sure I'm not too merry or I'll end up signing up for 20 cases a month or something silly. Hope the measures are generous and not thimbles tho. The guy from the vintners comes to the house so we don't even need to go out. And I get a free weather station for doing their survey. [:D]

Then out to the village to get supplies - cooking something snazzy with prawns tonite, a couple of quick drinks in the pub... Evening will be doing more meteor watching and trying to convince Dougie the UFO he saw last night is in fact the space station.

Weekend off yesssss and hopefully getting my infuriating old beast working once more. Have lots of diagnostics to do, and not all of them involve a hammer.

Have fun everyone [:D]

5. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

oh yeah, might do some more perseid watching as I was disappointed with last nights efforts.

6. nealey Forum Junkie

Had a half day at work today, got to see the physio again a bit later on and then off for a few drinks in the evening

May venture out on an easy run tomorrow morning depending on physio outcome tonight, going round a friends house in the evening for a few beers

Sunday will probably spend recovering, got the inlaws coming over for dinner as well

7. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I'm going to have a nice relaxed weekend to make up for having my nephew (9) and niece (6) all week whilst my sister was at work.

I'd forgotten quite how exhausting young kids are, although I suppose when my son was young, I didn't take him out somewhere every single day in the summer holidays.

Perhaps it won't be quite so relaxing, as it will take me ages to clear the house up after them. I love them to bits, but they're quite hard work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Walk the dog, wash the car, clean the house.

Then it will be Monday again..............

Anyone else hate the weekly grind? The weekend should be 5 days for **** sake. The working week should be 2 days max.

God, im sick to death of work. Only another 40 years of this left...........

9. BURNI

BURNI Forum Member

Just finished repairing my parents roof on there house of to the pub for well deserved beer!

Lazy Saturday then Sunday off to alton towers with the kids staying the night up there in there hotel then monday another day in the park before a long drive home in peace and quiet hopefully as kids should be knakerd lol

10. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Feel a bit like that today. Just ****ed off with the ammount of work i have to do.
    Feels like the business would fail in a few days without me being here. In fact i know it would[8(]

11. gtijon Forum Member

It is truly incredible how the enormous increases in productivity during this century haven't resulted in us working less hours. Truly and utterly insane. We could have something like a 1980s standard of living and do naff all work...

12. Increase in productivity and tech but also more mouths to feed. Besides, the lower classes need something to keep them occupied or they'll only turn to crime.

I'm having another crack at the meteors tonight, saw bugger-all last night. Will keep my eyes peeled for the space station too if I'm up that late.

Tomorrow headbutting my megasquirt install for a few hours, might even get it working, then it's sauna night here in the flats.

Sunday will be raining so caning the playstation.

13. swaffGTI Forum Member

Sod the daily grind I went to university racked up 20,000 in debt and now no one will employ me so im working in a wetherspoons doing 40 hours a week and driving a delivery van for the other three days, absolute bollards lifestyle with no chance to have the career I 'chose' and the economists wonder why the financial system is screwed and young people are not injecting money into the housing market [:|][8-}][xxx]

rant over

so time to make use of weekend off

tonight - chinese and a drink

tomorrow - fiddle with new car and maybe do cambelt

sunday - mw2 s and d till my turtle beached ears give in and i cant shoot anymore 14 year olds

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  14. paulyDMX Forum Member

Working all weekend (earlies) and praying for no more rain!

[​IMG]

15. I work flexitime, so left at lunch and went round to drink on my bro's balcony in the sun - quite pink and inebriated now. Probably in tonight, tomorrow experimenting with different props on the speedboat and welding on a jockey wheel to the trailer, maybe even put on some fancy bunks instaead of the two carpet-padded "lumps" it goes on at the minute.
    Sunday - no idea.

16. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Worcester Beer festival, nuff said.

17. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

You lucky swine, I love Alton Towers/Thorpe Park etc. This was the first year in ages that I haven't been. :(

Quiet weekend for me. I'll watch the T20 finals tomorrow if the weather holds out, come on Somerset, me babbies. [:D]

18. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

Was at Glentress biking yesterday so am washing bikes and car today.

Sunday will be a quiet one as the wife & kids are back to school on Monday