Zender Spoiler: Painting Flexible rubber

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Peter, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Peter Forum Member

Looking at Zender rear spoilers at the moment (I can hears the tuts from here :lol: ) Most I have seen fitted in old magazines and on the internet are body colour however I have been told that they are made from a kind of soft flexible rubber and Im a bit confused how to paint this, (incidentally were there two types available when new? rubber and rigid plastic?) the only plastics I have painted in the past have been rigid and have used plastic primer which as worked well, this leads to my question is it possible to paint a flexible rubber if so how do you get a tough and good finish do I need to use a special primer and paint? My preferred choice is base coat and lacquer as I have some experience of this and I havent got the breathing apparatus for 2 pack . Any tips or experience would be great :)

Pete

2. Peter Forum Member

3. pimpin gimp Forum Member

the ones yu've seen painted will be the hard plastic ones. you don;t want to go painting rubber without a serious dose of elasticiser which may not be possible.