Zone-alarm blocking Wi-fi...

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Dex, Jan 13, 2005.

1. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

hi there

got my wi-fi working between the desktop and laptop - except zone alarm blocks my laptop from connecting to the net (but allows it to connect to the ad-hoc wifi net.

have entered the network IP of the laptop into zone alarm as a trusted IP - but seems to make no difference - net works fine with zone alarm switched off, but won't let it access net when it's running...

any experts on zone-alarm?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

You need to go into it somewhere and make sure it set to allow Internet Connection Sharing or something, or I think you tell it that 'this PC is a gateway' or turn on NAT or something, can't remember ;)

3. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

turn on internet connection sharing in zonealarm?

4. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

Under the "Firewall" option in the program window, click the "Advanced" button. A smaller window named "Advanced Settings" will come up.

Under the "Internet Connection Sharing" section, choose the option "This computer is an ICS/NAT gateway".

That's all. You can leave your Trusted Zone setting on "Medium". Never tried it on "High", though.