zorst cam instead of inlet

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Vduber, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Vduber Forum Member

i'm wanting to put a KR zorst cam on the inlet side of my engine...Has any one got any info about doing this mod?

i know you have to cut the end off to it will fit but then you have to advance or retart it 6 degrees. how do you do this?????

Vduber

2. flusted Forum Member

You need a hotgolfed pulley like i have on mine.You press off your old pulley,press on new one that has had the timing corrected,fit it in and ENJOY!!pm me if you need 1 ;)

3. Nav16v Paid Member Paid Member

Flusted:
    What sort of bhp increase did u get 4rm doing the conversion?? [:D]

4. Vduber Forum Member

u dont get any improved bhp
    It lowers your powerband insteasd of going mentral at 4k it goes mental at 2k...so it feels like its got alot more power.

Vduber

5. flusted Forum Member

Im havin my car dynod at stealth soon so i can report back.Not only does it give you power at 2k it kicks harder at 5k.It worked well in my corrado but work even better on my friends golf due to its lighter kerb weight and better gear ratios.For wot it costs you cant go wrong ;)

6. flusted Forum Member

Im sure it would increase bhp as its definatly increased torque.the zorst cam has approximatly 1mm more lift over the standard inlet cam,which is similar to some of the performance cams on the market

7. HidRo Forum Member

does any one want to buy inlet and exaust cams from ABF!?the opening is very similar!
    [​IMG]

8. Vduber Forum Member

Instruction on how to do the Mod.

click here

Vduber

9. flusted Forum Member

Remember the yanks ARENT using the proper machined pulley so it f**ks ther emmisions,tick over etc There cam timing is 5degrees out causing these probs,the modded pulley corrects this and also helps timing it as the dot will be in the factory position

10. flusted Forum Member

The abf inlet cam is alot milder than the kr but the zorst cam is the same so could be modded

11. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

That link above is rubbish!!!
    If you do it that way and don't time the cam sprocket properly then you are a few degrees out, which will make a big difference in the runing of the engine.

You need to re-cut the keyway in the pulley, and beleive me doing this to a hardened pulley is difficult even with the right tools.
    And while you re-cut it, you can put ti in the right place to re-use the original timing mark.

12. breeze Forum Member

hotgolf - clearly the man in the know!

mind if I ask what sort of driving characteristics you are likely to get from the exhaust as intake?

Are we talking mid range torque or top end? Reason why I ask is because I would have always thought that a cam with more lift would shift the power band further up and yet people suggest that mid range is where the gains are made as opposed to the top end.

Also, any any power figures/RR prints etc? Reckon you could shift a few!

;)

13. flusted Forum Member

Can you see why its called a hotgolfed pulley now? :lol: The car feels alot livlier at 2and half k so increasing lowdown torque and then it pulls even harder at 5k and feels smooth with it,for wot it costs i would say its the best mod ive ever done and is instantly noticed!