Zorst heat wrap...

Discussion in 'Engines' started by B4R3LY_L3G4L, Sep 28, 2004.

1. B4R3LY_L3G4L New Member

How have u guys actually fitted this? I'm doing me 4branch manifold, got the stuff at a good price but they told me to use jubilee clips, which is fine but i want to wrap each pipe individually then wrap them is pairs which is a pain when using jubliee clips. They also look pooe and move down the pipe.

All i got was 5 metres of the wrap, its the nylon type stuff like gaskets for boilers.

any ideas guys?

Cheers

John :)

2. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

You'll need a lot more than 5 metres, you'd be lucky to get one pipe done before they join together. You'll probably need nearly 50 metres of the stuff to do it properly, if its 1" wide, les if its 2". You can use stainless steel zip ties at the ends to prevent the wrap peeling away. A better option would be to have the manifold ceramic coated. Its more affective than heat wrap.

3. B4R3LY_L3G4L New Member

Cheers mate,

Its about 2.5 inches wide, the 5 mters i got will do each pipe once, i am getting another 5 meters to wrap them in pairs aswell.

I looked into cam coat but operating on a budget and its daily driven i cant afford the time or cash, the wrap i got was much cheaper then it should have been. I'm saving the cam coat for me inlet manifold.

Good plan on the metal zip ties, they should look a little neater then the jubilee clips when cut down.

4. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

There's a company who supply brake pads or something like that to my brother's garage and they always come with metal zip ties, although they there is no need to use them. So he brought a few of them home with him one day. Demon tweeks do them but charge around 15 for about 10 which is a rip off. I think hardware shops do them for not a lot.

5. doughnuts Forum Member

use steel wire..those tie wraps are hard to put on
    the ones i had, were too long and you had some of the clip hanging down.
    where do you get ceramic coating done?