zorst?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by davey, Sep 30, 2006.

1. davey Forum Member

do we do zorsts on this forum?
    any way bought deako's old magnex off him and fitted it today with a little modification! (was intended for a golf see but now its om me jetta 16v) having fitted it and checked for leaks n stuff now that im back home im wondering if i should of lost the box at the end of the down pipes or not? (its quite a biggun see) as in make it 2 into1 - then magnex system? what do you guys think?
    ive fitted it the same as a golf but moved the rear silenser back as im about 14"/16" longer what with my big a-r-s-e!
    its a 1990 1.8 16v if that helps
    the new zorst isnt any louder than the old one (it just dosent leak anywhere now!)
    not taken it fer a blast as i have no tax atm!

i cant stretch to a 4 branch manifold yet as i want to get her back on the road first and have othe stuff to throw monies at! so dont tell me to cheers!

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

I've heard that the box on the bottom of a 16v downpipe justs acts as a collector, and doesn't do much silencing. I've got a new one in the garage so I'll have a look and take some pics.

3. davey Forum Member

its kin huge tho! just wondered if it was a bad idea leaving it on there?

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

It is indeed, just a "resonator" (empty box!)....... could be different on an aftermarket system, mind....

5. davey Forum Member

so is that to resonate the sound ie quieten it down? and surely not helping with the flow?