zx9r carbs on an 8v......

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by stew72, Feb 17, 2010.

1. stew72 Forum Member

I've just got a set of carbs off a zx9r for a project and I need a few pointers....

the T pieces seen top and bottom between carbs one and two, and carbs three and four in the pic below. Is this a coolant circuit or breathing? and if either is it of any value if I'm running these on a car?

[​IMG]

Secondly, the gubbins on the outside of the venturi where the velocity stack fits, I.e. the slot at the top, hole in the centre at the bottom and the two brass jets type things - whats this all about? Again is it of any relevance to running these on a car, can they be blocked off with a filter backing plate sealing against the velocity stack and the outside o-ring seal, or do I need to fabricate this as the original bike item (bottom pic)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help appreciated.

2. speedygti8v

speedygti8v Forum Member

if you mean the bit that slides up and down infront of the throttle thats the bit that changes the the choke size by one of those pipes you were taking about connected to vacuum the other one was for coolant on my zx7r (same carbs) can't remember which ones which and the bikes long been swapped so can't look for you[:$]

the jets for those carbs are quite hard to get and expensive[:x]