Zymoled now 12" long scratch! GRrrr

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by VeedubyaGTi, Apr 19, 2004.

1. VeedubyaGTi

VeedubyaGTi Forum Member

I Zymoled the wifes SEAT Ibiza on Saturday, and it looked as shiny as a shiny thing, goes out today and some w@nker has decided to put a 12" scratch down to the primer in the middle of the drivers door [:x] [><] So, what are my options here? Don`t think I could make an acceptable repair on it myself...has anyone used these chipsaway people? heard they are not as good as they make out [:s] or take it to a bodyshop? Has anyone any ideas on cost of repair on this too? Thanx in advance.

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Body shop will be the only way to get it as it was [:^(]

w**kers [:x]

3. Kingsley Forum Member

ive used loads of smart repair guys m8 when i worked 4 renault uk they would come and do the cars on site and the jobs had to be pucker as they were new cars... i trust them just look 4 a good one

4. VeedubyaGTi

VeedubyaGTi Forum Member

Gonna price up a bodyshop and see what they say, otherwise has anyone any recomendations on smart repair companys as most of them are nationwide now, I am in the NW Widnes/Warrington area. We are both suitably p1ssed off as she only passed her driving test at xmas, and she has only had the car for 4 months :(

5. MK2. Forum Member

My brother has used chipsaway and they were very good, they also do all such jobs for the vag dealerships here in donny. You will be probably be dealing with people that have worked in a bodyshop previously and decided to fork out the 60k to purchase a chipsaway francise so they shold know their stuff
    Edited by: MK2.

6. daveybwoy Forum Member

Chipsaway depends on which one you go to. The one I go to are good for paintless dent removal but rubbish for scratchs.

7. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Someone slated Chipsaway on here for doing a $hit job and the reason VW use them is to cut costs with temporary repairs.

8. OKU

OKU New Member

I think the best way to get rid of the scratch if its primer deep is respray the door. I know its not what you whant to hear but thats the only way you will get rid of it. The cost dunno really depends where you go.
    feckin w**kers!!!
    Edited by: OKU