Oil Cooler options - Mk2 2L 16v (pics)

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Stu, Aug 15, 2005.

1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Doz it blow flames, like?

2. stephcasscar Paid Member Paid Member

yep, you probably know the same sort of chap.

3. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

:lol: Oh, you're supposed to connect them up? That must be where I'm going wrong, I thought my new intercooler wasn't working too well... looks cool though! :p

4. Scotty52 New Member

Is it ok to have it right in front of the radiator then? I thought it would better if it wasn't positioned there.

5. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I've mounted mine as Stu has and if a 20deg reduction in oil temp on a 20 min track session isn't good enough...

[​IMG]

If you wanted to be really picky you could say that the angle of the lower aperture of the big bumper will 'kick up' the airflow onto the cooler anyway:lol: :lol: :lol: [:-B]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  6. fthaimike Forum Addict

That's what i was on about Gary, you would be surprised how much air can get around a bumper into every nook & cranny.

You cant even see mine from outside the car as it's behind my bumper (ok mk1 bumpers stick out a bit from the car) but the air still manages to get to it & make a big drop in temps.

7. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

If it's good enough for Herr Bocking, then it's good enough for me... :thumbup: :p

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Results from my oil cooler are:-

Prior to installation of my 2.0 16v engine, the oil temperature according to the MFA on my 1.8 16v was 94-96C on a swift run of 80-90mph.

Now with the 2.0 16v installed along with the mocal plate and oxford oil coolers 16row jobby, im getting oil temperatures of around 84C at the same sort of speeds. Not bad.

Obviously when stationary, i get similar oil temps to not having one fitted, with the max ive seen on a warm day being 102C.