The Reeves Mk1 - 2006/7 rebuild, Spa vid p18, Ring trip p24, PVW cover car Jan 2011

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by A.N. Other, Aug 2, 2006.

1. 8916vlover New Member

great vid and great car :thumbup:

2. Mike Roberts Forum Member

I was supposed to be working this afternoon, spotted the vid then ended up reading from the start (again) as it's just sooo interesting.

Epic car, epic effort by all and epic driving. I wish I could be half as good.

3. MK1G20VT Forum Member

That vid is proper! Not only is it a wepon but it's driven by someone who knows what they are doing! Just goes to show what can be done when it done right! Laughable at how quickly it reels in the porkers and r8.

4. TrackCab16v Forum Member

fantastic vid , car,s power delivery so smooth , such a skillfull driver, unbelivable speed in and out of corners ,[:D] [:D] [:D]

5. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I was just thinking the same!

It's a quality video of whats considered a icon car, the whole package is fantastic :clap:

6. 16vChris New Member

I was at Spa sharing the white 911 that gets passed at the top of Eau Rouge. The car is seriously quick and well driven. The video is brilliant and does it justice nicely.

7. NeoMKI Forum Member

This vid will be legendary in the years to come.......it does the car/driver justice and it has been well worth the wait since many years ago when I bought the GOLF+ mag where this car was featured.

Awesome aswesome effort guys...........I can't thank you enough put putting this together.

Someone get him to sign T-shirts........hell i'll buy one.

8. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

Great vid Chris nicely put together.:thumbup:

Wouldn't mind getting behind the wheel myslf sometime;)

9. barny Forum Member

Quality, loving your work ;o)

10. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

:thumbup: :clap: [:*:] Car's not ready, time to look into flights!

11. jenk Forum Member

Amazing car and a cracking vid!

12. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

awesome , the lack of tyre noise and movement really makes it seem slower than it is , passing all that calibre of vehicles and the speed that it goes through the gears is sick.

I had a ride in this on the charity day , was like nothing else i had been in , inspiration for me since that date.

13. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Excellent - :thumbup:

14. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Very generous comments on the video folks - thank you :)

- and great that it and the car is a such source of inspiration :thumbup:

To give some more idea of the staggering pace, on the previous day - a soaking wet afternoon - the Mk1 went past this, up the hill.

[​IMG]

Of course it was a trackday, so who knows how fast anyone is really going, but it was there clearly testing for a Britcar meeting.

Word went round the paddock pretty damn sharpish!

15. mk1g60turbo Forum Member

Now why did we not get that in the vid Chris! lol

Once again top job on the video!

16. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

The video was playing up on day 1 and we got no footage, but tbh, it would have been full of spray and pretty awful to use.

17. VWralley Forum Member

wow! incredible vid!! thank you very much for taking the time to get this up for us to watch!

Motivation factor is through the roof right now, good thing i have a track day coming in a few short weeks [:D]

18. 16valver Forum Member

Chris, is this still running in the 350-380 bhp range or now more?

Any info on the current spec of turbo?

19. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

It's gone past 400 capability, but it doesn't necessarily use it.

In the wet, it just cannot be run like that, so has manually adjustable boost, just to get the wastegate/N75 to ditch unwanted amounts. Take what's needed, leave the rest.

Even in the dry, there's places the power just can't be used - a generally alien concept to those with moderate n/aspirated power (and exasperating to anyone used to simply wringing the last out of an engine).

Then take a big straight, open the taps, and - as the vid shows - it's very quick. Ancient aerodynamics, a much more upright windscreen than today's cars, yet it'll still pull an awesome vmax. You can't do that without power - the car is two up, and will be weighing over a metric tonne - though carried speed at Eau Rouge also counts for a lot on a straight that long.

The power delivery - and the video hides it - is real a wincing job. It's smooth, you know it's coming, but the noise and feel when it builds... it's amazing how a Mk1 soaks up what's suddenly being asked of it.

In the video, it had an imposed 7500rpm limiter, though it's mapped to 8,200rpm, but was on a relatively new engine.

Nice to read in PVW today that Dale has credited the inspiration for his build to the Reeves Mk1 :thumbup:

Btw, gobsmacked to say the video has already made America (Vortex), Australia (vwwatercooled.org.au) and New Zealand, amongst many others :o

20. ihaveajetta Forum Member

great video, thanks for posting. good colour too!