The Reeves Mk1 - 2006/7 rebuild, Spa vid p18, Ring trip p24, PVW cover car Jan 2011

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by A.N. Other, Aug 2, 2006.

1. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

nice video editing

been following and often chasing this car in early years..
    always a good challenge to keep up.

lets hope 25th is dry and we can let rip :lol:

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Glad the video's still going down well - did I miss a vocation? [:$] :lol:

Maurice was trying to ready the car for Combe, but unfortunately it won't be there - parts due over from Germany haven't arrived :(

So the Mk2's coming along for a relaxed day out.

3. micky1 Forum Member

"So the Mk2's coming along for a relaxed day out."

:lol:

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

It's all relative!

5. VWralley Forum Member

:lol: i can understand that i guess! i still watch the in-car at spa almost everyday...it may almost take over from the vid of Hans in the M3 at the ring...:thumbup:

6. fthaimike Forum Addict

Stealth mode if ever a car had it.

7. badger5

re-reading this....
    the lines are aeroquip series 400 hose which is push fit not crimp... and evil to assemble from my own use of the stuff on badgerwagen.

8. RobT

RobT Forum Junkie

had to stick the ends of the hose in boiling water for a while to get them to fit when I did it, right swine to get on

9. mk1. Forum Junkie

I make them out of hi temp hyd hose with swaged fittings,although the push on fittings are fit for the job ime still weary of them.

10. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Boiling water and a bit of washing up liquid was needed. Did require quite a bit of force to push them on but leaving them in the kettle for a while did make it much easier.

Gurds

11. badger5

deffo heat + washing up liquid + vise clamps.. using the vise clamps helped a lot, but still push on hose description should carry a health warning - lol

my oil cooler has run these for years, zero problem. You will never be able to pull these off once fitted.. I have tried.. you tear it first.

12. James_mk2 Forum Member

Looking forward to seeing the mk2 at Combe on saturday, any chance of a perv over the car if i spot you in its vicinity Chris? Looking to take some photo's of some serious metal :thumbup:
    Are spectators allowed in/around the paddock?

13. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Just pop over, don't worry about it :thumbup:

Everyone's there just to have a good social, and the Reeves are used to a circle of people gathered around the bonnet!

The paddock is where everyone is on this trackday, so there's no restriction on where you can wander.

14. Polog4tracer Forum Member

Just been able to finally watch the Spa video (cr&ppy internet speed). Absolutely awesome, a total credit to the mk1 golf and the reeves's for creating such a masterpeice of automotive history!:thumbup: :clap:

15. RogerM New Member

This car still amazes me everytime I see it ... my inspiration for sure, if I can get anywhere close to it I'd be a really happy bunny! Oh, should get back to build my thing and spend less time looking at the Reeves car on forums .. lol

16. prof Forum Addict

so you use hot water with a max temp of high 90s to get them to fit on, then run potentially 120 degree oil through them... and they don't go soft again?

I'd want something between that pipe and the wheel too

17. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

^^ Sorry, I missed this.

I was told recently when I bought mine: 3 minutes in boiling water, push on... and that's it.

(push is a understatement, along the lines of the Haynes manual 'simply remove X, which will have been rusted up for 10 years by the time you read this').

The 'barbs' on the fittings stop them coming off, though Crispy had some come off recently, whilst near Stuttgart. Slightly worrying, but the Reeves' one has been fine...

The Spa youvideo views have jumped from ~ 4,000 to 8,000 in the space of a couple of weeks. Bizarre, but the youtube panel shows where the hits are coming from, and it turns out to be France.

I suppose it's fair to ask 'when did you last see a 205 do what a Mk1 Golf can do?'

Nuff said [:D]

18. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

?
    [​IMG]

Its got winglets and everything! Heheh!

Gurds

19. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Now that's a fair cop guv!

Although I suspect the Reeves would relish the challenge!

20. micky1 Forum Member

i guess the pugs better on the loose!

But 4wd will slow it down around coombe.