ΚΑΑΖ into 02S not working properly

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by mk2sp, Sep 24, 2009.

1. g200jrh Forum Member

i run a kazz diff.i was advised to use it on 1.5 way that rates it at about 45% break. not the best but better than standard stuff. was told to avoid using it on the full 2 way setting due to them being prone to diff lock.. diff locking when lifting off to go for the bakes in the wet on on gravel resulting in going straight on into what you want to go round, if you dont start bliping to get the wheels spinning again.. now.. having driven an astra and a nova (sorry for the offensive words there) with a 90% tran x diff they felt a lot better pulling you about even when you get near a white line it has pulled you over it. puddles are interesting. not advised for a novice , good god dont let your mum go to the shops in it..
    it works for me but im not to the same torque level. you can feel it spinning the inside wheel on long wet left handers too

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

kaaz or tran-x?

3. mk2sp Forum Member

What amount of torque u got on ur wheels?

There can be significant difference between exactly same cars (with same diff) but with turbo and non-turbo engine.

4. g200jrh Forum Member

kaaz diff in mine. was spinning the inside on the rockingham stages rally last december
    mk2sp
    i was talking about the diff in mine, just to give an idea that there not super tight. im in a mk 2 with 2.0l 16v - 220bhp- unsure on torque he never told me

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

My diff's currently spinning by hand - needs a rebuild.

Previously posted: