1 year of mods

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Guests, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Guests Banned

yeah i was going to take them out and show off the leather. but its just not worth it. i like the fact people cant see in easily and the film across the window does put people off breaking in :)

still ill probably change my mind again later and rip them off :lol:

2. Guests Banned

just a few updated pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. monza 16v Forum Member

Lookin good mate !

4. damogti Forum Junkie

Looking even better with the interior finished mate!!! :thumbup:

Are the front seats from a MK3 or is it just the rear bench??

5. Guests Banned

the fronts are from a mk3 too.

i took the foam and leather off the base of the mk3 seats and fitted it to the mk2 base. the backs of the mk3 seats fit straigh onto the mk2 bases

so yeah full mk3 interior now

6. damogti Forum Junkie

oh right, never thought about doing that!! Was it easy to do??

Have you got the rtear bench fitted properly too?? It needs modding slightly to fit doesnt it??
    Edited by: damogti

7. Ajit_mk2_16v Forum Member

I like the tints.
    I think you should leave them!

8. Admin Guest

Wow that's a very nice car u have there, i'm loving the interior [:D] :thumbup:

9. Guests Banned

damo it really is p1ss easy....i was sitting there depressed about how i couldnt get anyone to weld them when it just popped in my head. it took about 1hour from start to finish to do the fronts

the backs fit even easier. i had to make the bolt longer that comes of the car so that the seat could connect with it. 2 x 6mm bolts i had laying in the garage.

the base of the rear bolt to the same four holes.

really is a simple job i dont know why more people dont do it!!

yeah im keeping the tints now!

and thanks!! :)

10. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

You fibber!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    http://www.clubgti.com/FORUM/forum_posts.asp?TID=21013&PN=1

Has anyone fixed the centre of the rears in with a mk3 bench yet? I haven't done mine yet but need to do before the baby seat gets strapped in.

11. 1990

And another thing!!
    [​IMG]
    Wheres the w**king icon? This car rules!!!!!

12. Guests Banned

lol cheers ian [:D]

but im pretty sure i thought of it the same day as you!! your just more efficient!! :lol:

13. damogti Forum Junkie

You mean this one Ian....

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol:

So whats the score with these MK3 Seats then??? Can the foam and leather be swapped from the Mk3 base to the MK2 and is the rear just a case of finding longer bolts for the backrest??? [:s]

14. Guests Banned

yes the foam and leather can be swapped as long as you dont have recaro's

longer bolts will sort the back rest but if you want to be extra safe then weld in the center bracket.....ian sent me one im just to skint to put it in yet.....lol

sorry ian my mistake......you did think up that idea and i attempted to rob you of it :lol: totally forgot you were the one that said it [:$]

15. Admin Guest

:lol: LMFAO!!!

16. damogti Forum Junkie

Ok cool, thanks mate. :) Might start looking for a MK3 Leather interior now then and lose the Recaro's.... I doubt i'll have the money to get them retrimmed now im a grand out of pocket with the BM.....

Where does the bracket weld to for the baqckrest, the seat frame or the floor??

17. 1990

[:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] damn recaros!!!!

I've just poted in styling and trim about the bracket the mk2 uses for the 60/40 section.

18. jk** Forum Member

Havent read all the posts....but mate i love the car...its looks quality! :p

19. 1990

On the mk3 it bolts to another bracket thats welded to the floor, it has a part number but isnt available.

20. Looks mint, very nice indeed mate :clap: :clap:

Lol at the w**king icon :lol: :lol: