1989 Tornado Red 3dr Gti 16v

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by theboymike, Mar 26, 2009.

1. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Good effort! Seems a fruitful haul from the donor car.

Nice to see a scrappy that lets you get your hands dirty too. Most of the local ones around here aren't interested in removing parts (unless it's at a premium) and won't let you in the yard.

GTI will be going under the knife soon then?

2. theboymike Forum Junkie

Cheers - it took bloody long enough to remove :lol:

Yeah, they've tightened it up a bit in that you can no longer get to the cars before they're drained and dumped in the yard, but they're pretty sound.

They moved the car to one of their buildings (on three separate occasions) to allow be get a power supply for the tools. I've been going down there for years so they know my face, can just wonder in and out now without them worrying that I'm on the rob :)

Not sure about how soon the welding will get done - it's a very daunting task and I still have a lot to learn. Added to that I still need to sort the equipment to spray it and if I don't pull my finger out soon it'll have to wait until next year as it'll be too cold to get a decent finish..

3. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Any progression Mike? Have just stumbled across your thread again :thumbup:

4. airhaddock Forum Member

Nantwich, Cheshire and Ingolstadt, Germany
    Hi Mike,

I've stumbled on this thread after doing a search, just got back into VWs after getting rid of my 1.6 Ryder... Anyway, I removed my screen yesterday and have corrosion. How did you get on with the repair? I've ordered a panel from VW herritage to let in... Do you have any advice on doing the repair, any tips?

Great car, keep up the good work:)

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

He was last spotted torching a red Golf in a field.........

..............oh wait............