2.0 16v fitted! (pics)

Discussion in 'Engines' started by smithy, Apr 24, 2005.

1. smithy Forum Member

Yeah... everything is KR basically bar the block, which is 6A, and like GVK says, its the exact same as a 9A block ;) Inlet manifold and everything is different on the 6A unit, as the engine is mounted differently in the engine bay, also uses a different throttle body, ISV setup etc...

Pulled that water housing off my 6A head last night, it was the exact same as the KR item. The other one had just cracked and fallen apart [:s] Wouldnt mind getting a hold of an alloy one like on my mates golf, looks like it would last a lot longer than plastic.

I'd be happy with anything between 160-170 after setup on the rollers, though I think i've guestimated it pretty damn good myself already :) Would like to go to Stealth but i'll probably just end up going to star performance in fife or something like that, stealth is a bit far for me [:^(]

2. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Good choice of colour for the inlet manifold BTW :clap:

3. GTI

GTI Forum Member

i wouldn't mind taking mine to some decent rollers too smithy, when do you think you'll go?

4. smithy Forum Member

Yeah... I recon the black and red makes it look a bit evil [}:)] The rocker cover is black aswell, although you cant really see it in the pics.

I've got to say, im loving the power delivery more and more every time I drive it... its exactly what I wanted. Might save for a flowed head but for now im more than happy with the performance :)

GTI.. not sure when i'll go, i've got the heb challenge 5 day adventure race and T in the Park to go to in July, plus im away next week in glasgow, so probably august time? do you fancy it?

5. GTI

GTI Forum Member

i'll definitely be up for it if i haven't already been.
    where abouts do you stay?

6. smithy Forum Member

Cool. Haha, I stay on the isle of lewis, so its a bit of a trek for me :lol:

7. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I gained about 10bhp at peak from the flowed head, it's worth doing as and when the guides start burning oil imo. Don't just rip it off for the sake of it. :p

8. smithy Forum Member

Well that could take a while.... the stem seals are brand new, and from what I could see, theres not much wear on the guides. Checked the oil today, hasnt used a drop since I built it, so looks like its fairly tight. I've done over 200 miles and been fairly ragging it too... :)

9. bigfatpixey Forum Member

what did you use to paint the block?

10. smithy Forum Member

I used engine laquer from my local car parts place, its brush on stuff, but it dries quite smooth and seems nice and thick :)