24v R32 exhaust?

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by Joes, Jan 10, 2010.

1. CellDamage New Member

I used a dubpower one with their decat in my mk5/mk2 and have had no quality issues so far, as said very well made and would also recommend their decat.

2. CellDamage New Member

Never seen a used one for sale. I too went for their manifold and decat when doing my mk5 R32/mk2 conversion last summer. No issues so far after 5000+ miles.

[​IMG]

3. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Well after about 2 years of umming and arrring I took it to a local place and had a downpipe made.

It takes mk5 angled manifolds to the mk2 2.5" system, it has 2 flexi's right under the first flanges and 2 boss's for lambda probes. The 2 pipes join back together under the car about 9" after the subframe. It cost 120.

4. swiftkid New Member

That is a bargain! Where did you get it from?

This is my next consideration in the R32 saga, my options so far seem to be
    -Dubpower manifold but everyone says it has clearance problems with the steering rack on a corrado, for 370 I'd expect the right fit so that was a no.
    -C2 motorsport conversion, lovely bit of kit but a little bit more than I wanted to spend
    -Custom jobbie, but problem is getting the car to them (without an exhaust!)

5. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

6. Sean_Jaymo Forum Member

I have a United Motorsports item on mine. Cost 330 delivered and I am more than impressed! Bit of a pig to fit with the engine in place, but I can hardly blame them for that!

Main reason I went for the United Motorsports version was that it would be a straight forward replacement item for stock downpipe. I didn't really want a 6 branch even though they are a bit more free flowing, I wanted quieter, more standard sounding setup on mine. Horses for courses and all that!