312mm VRS brakes fit under 6 Spoke Audi TT wheels ok?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Aphex, May 14, 2008.

1. Aphex Forum Junkie

Sorry but the biggest wheels I've ever had are 15's so don't ever look at anything bigger :lol:

Just something I wanted to know for the future for the gf's car, I'm pretty sure they'd fit ok but I don't really know.

Thanks in advance.

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

quick question... why? id expect them to fit under 17s quite easily, but whats the need?

3. Aphex Forum Junkie

Should she get it mapped in the future I want the car to be able to stop extremely well. I do worry :lol:

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

they should fit, i cant see why not.

the caliper stays teh same, you need a new carrier though. the pads stay the same, but you need more disc.

the carrier costs the most, about a ton

bare in mind bullet's is mapped, gets driven one hell of a lot harder than lucy's will, and its 288s have not faded yet.

id be more tempted to keep the 288s and spend part of the saving on getting decent pads/fluid

5. Aphex Forum Junkie

Fair point.

I see upgraded brakes as a modification that a future buyer would be grateful for sort of thing so not too much chance of losing much money on them.

Still if we can get them cheap them we can look at a good disc/pad combo for the 312's and they'd be pretty good. Plus they look better behind the spokes lol

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

you wont find the carriers for much less than a ton. i wouldnt bother. you never get your money back on mods

plus youll have to tell the insurance co. whereas if you have standard looking brakes, they need not know

7. prof Forum Addict

Dave should know

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

that carriers cost about a ton? lol

9. prof Forum Addict

hasn't he got 312s and loads of wheels?

10. Admin Guest

Hmmm, I've never put the 6 spokes on.

I'll try this weekend and report back.

11. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ja, his are 18, im quite sure of it, but loads of tts had 312s and were on those 17" wheels bobby's gf has.

it really shuoldnt be a problem

12. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

you got a small stock pile of audi wheels then? lol

13. Aphex Forum Junkie

Cheers :thumbup:

14. Seraph Banned

All TTs came with 312s, but not all TTs came on 17s, majority(early) are on 16s

Hell will freeze over too before you get the carriers for 100, doubtful even 2nd hand.
    They 'were' 70 p/s from dealer.

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

there is a company out there that do parts for modified dubs, im sure it was 100 or 110, so hell could well freeze over soon

16. Aphex Forum Junkie

Sounds good, cheers

17. bula_82 Forum Junkie

my brakes work extremely well, as matt said, they are 288mm and well, its almost as though they brake before your foot hits the pedal :lol: :)

i'll take lucy out next time we're all out if she wants just to see how mine are compared to her current ones.

18. Aphex Forum Junkie

Just imagine how much better 312's would be, why does no-one understand :lol:

19. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

just waste some more money, you know you love it

my mk3 is basically the same weight as the a3s, faster, gets driven much much harder and survives perfectly on 280s

hth

20. Aphex Forum Junkie

Doesn't help..

hth :lol: