35k MK2 OEM,OCD,OTT,OFFS

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by damien.wrl, May 20, 2009.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Awesome condition - the arch pics are the ones that say it all.

If it floats your boat, enter it into the GTI International concours in June.

2. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Wow what a find. Would be scared to drive that one! Nicest car on here i ve seen for a while.

How long have you had it?

3. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

:o absolutely stunning. I dont think i could bring myself to drive such a masterpiece.

4. Tall Paul Forum Member

Come on Damien, more info required! [:D]

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

can't see the pics at work, but im guessing it doesn't have TSW Venoms on it??

6. paulyDMX Forum Member

Once sunny St Albans, now delightful Deal, Kent
    No. Or M3 mirrors. Or any of the other things mentioned by eggmanpete.

It looks like the photo was taken the day it rolled out of the showroom in 1987(?) :thumbup:

7. beetie

beetie Forum Member

it's alright[:D]

8. damien.wrl Forum Member

someone asked so I have an excuse to talk about it now......and a couple more pics

It was apparently bought new with no extras and steel wheels in 1988, lived in a collection of ten cars til about 2000 when it went to a woman who took it from 10k miles up to thirty.. rescued by a bloke in the midlands who sold it to me at the beginnig of this year pretty much as it is...I have taken off the steelies and put on the 14 bbs's , I waiting for some refurb bottletops.. will drive around for a while with two and two til i decide which is best for the car... I think bottletops will look more appropriate but the bbs,s look beter(a bit big bumperish though).. opinions please, both are optional extras for this car I believe..

I have spent ages scraping of the waxoyl from the engine bay door hinges sills wheel arches etc... would like a spare seat or seat back for the drivers side if anyone has one.. The original is good but dont want to be looing for a replacemnet in five years time...
    Apart from some respray on the passenger door it all appears original factory finish...
    the white paint has quite a few years worth of scratches/wear but being white they are not really noticible, slowly polishing them out

I love this little car, i had a nearly new J reg back in the 90's and it takes me back to those days when i drive it...The stereo is orignal with the manual and guarentee card, sado bought some level 42 , Alison moyet , london beat casettes...had to find a casette holder as well...live in Cornwall so dont see that many dubbers about, will show it at my local big show... I am not fully concourse anal so it will have to do as is.....I dont think concours condition would be right... ok on rebuilds but not stock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  9. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

WOW!!. That is clean. As VAG as it can be.

10. Golfamily7 Forum Member

J reg in the 80's?
    That is awesome. Look after it.

11. eggmanpete Forum Member

oh dear, I read that wrong.

12. kerrly Forum Member

wow that is incredible.
    What a find that is!!!!

13. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

That car makes me want to cry.

I want it so much, how much would you sell it for!?! :)

It actually looks in brand new condition, really puts to shame some of the toe rags that put theirs up for sale at 2k, mint condition, and then you look at that and think, WOW!

If i had some money, id spend it gladly on that. Beautiful [:^(]

14. damien.wrl Forum Member

Thanks for that [:D] .... it makes me stare even now... I really dont have any idea on value but I hope it can only go upwards with time,more and more MK2s are being broken or modded out of existance..... I often think what I would do if offered money for it and i really wouldnt want to sell... the longer I have it the harder it will be to part with it ...bit like the missus.. well no not at all like her... :lol:

15. jamesa Forum Junkie

Superb condition but I hope you intend using it, cleaning every last detail is more of a crime than modifying it.

16. N/B

N/B Forum Member

[:s] Que?

17. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

hes trying to stir up an argument between the 'detailers' and the 'modders'!! Shame on you :p

18. MarcN Forum Member

Well you asked for opinions on the wheels here's mine. The car looks stunning, all the more so for it's standard appearance. Bottletops were only fitted to 16V cars, so in my opinion would not look right, going for the factory fresh standard look. I'm not 100% on the BBS wheels, in they were an option or not I'm not sure, but to be honest, I'd get the steelies looking mint and fit them. It's what the car had from the factory, and in my opinion what it would look best with.

19. damien.wrl Forum Member

This is the car with the original steelies on........ a bit bland to my mind...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  20. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i agree with you, the steelies make it look a bit to boring. The ra's look fine and in keeping with the car....