500 mile trip to Stealth today

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by roccodan, Oct 13, 2007.

1. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

i turn up there out of the blue, he set my 16v cams up for me and charged me a tenner.
    he is fully booked maybe hasnt got time to mess about.

2. V6 Otto Forum Member

fully booked or not if someone was already booked in and drove 500 miles to give the guy custom and you would think he would make a bit more effort?
    Not the way to do buisininess as now he is getting bad press on here for all to see how unflexible/awkward some companies are
    I would expect it from VW main dealers as they are all toe wrags and un helpfull at the best of times, and have let me down on so many occasions its un true!! Especially when i was stranded in Reading!!! bunch o cooonts

3. sportline Forum Junkie

doesnt matter how booked up they are. a few more of these threads and he'll be back begging for work. you dont treat costomers like that, a decent company would bend over backwards to accomodate a customer. he's just lost at least one persons trust by doing this.

4. TurbTech Forum Junkie

Quite surprized by this as well, i know he's had/has waiting lists for in excess of a month but it doesn't sound great. Only had excellent service from Stealth, still the only place i'd take my car!

5. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

what is the definitive height measurement and from where to where?
    subframe to ground?

thanks

6. suttonval Forum Member

It is very rotten to be honest. I had a bad experience with stealth aswell about 6 months ago. Certainly wont go near the place again and wont be recommending it to anyone. I only drove about 120 miles, so I can imagine how ****ed you were after 500! Whatever the reason they should of made more of an effort!!

7. t'mill Forum Member

It doesn't matter how busy a garage is, how booked up they are or whether they only work 3.5 hrs on a Saturday, you just work on a little longer thats all. Thats what owning your own business lends itself to. Its not about 9am-5pm days working for yourself, especially if you're as busy as Stealth claim to be. Yeah of course we all like to finish work on time and go home but sometimes thats just not possible if you wish to remain amongst the best in your field.

Really bad form from Stealth, just not acceptable.

8. fthaimike Forum Addict

Maybe places should warn any customers of any height restrictions with the available equipment before booking.

9. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

If the car is booked in for work, surely to raise the height would incure a time charge. So if its 30hr, and it takes 20 mins then add a tener to the bill.

10. pigbladder Forum Addict

funny way to be with someone when 95% of modded vw's are lowered anyway

11. t'mill Forum Member

Exactly. It's not hard is it?!!

12. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

I'd agree, common sense really.

13. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Well I know for a fact that Vince has read this thread so he may take all the ideas on board....

14. Hotgolf

If only he'd remove that silly bloody metal frame ;) it ain't going to stop you putting your foot in if you really wanted too [:s]

The guy that does my setups put his foot in his own rollers. The 1 roller pulled it in, the other spat him across the workshop:lol:

15. t'mill Forum Member

The guy that does my setups put his foot in his own rollers. The 1 roller pulled it in, the other spat him across the workshop

I think i would genuinely pee ma pants if i saw that happen!!

16. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

did he loose a limbe?

17. Hotgolf

Nah, the roller act against each other so in theory, you shouldn't get sucked it. I wouldn't want to try it though. He did say he was black and blue all over, and he isn't the youngest bloke on the planet!

18. Tony20VTurbo Forum Member

sorry to hear this indeed, but just a one off to me, always used stealth for rr's and been a great day and Vince has been a great guy

I am sure this thread wont do any damage at all

19. fthaimike Forum Addict

It's not meant to as such, it's a complaint informing people of problems with height if you use their rollers.

20. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i think its fairly obvious this had nothing to do with the height of the car, its too simple to put right. If this Vince guys mate came in on a saturday for a RR he would really say sorry pal but your cars too low, you'll have to go home? dont think so.

I have the biggest chip on my shoulder about customer service in the UK in general so I will stop now before I start to bore you all!!!!

Is there not one nearer you anyway? or did you go because of the reputation you had heard?