8v heads

Discussion in '8-valve' started by mk2vivs, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

I've got a Supersprint manifold for the scirocco, that looks great hanging from the roof timbers in the garage....[:$]

2. mk28vICED Forum Member

not driven it yet [8(] missed a delivery today which should be a slam panel so i can fit mk2 lights to get through the M.O.T!

3. mk2vivs Forum Member

have i managed to sort that revving problem u had iced?

4. mk28vICED Forum Member

yeah it idled fine last time i started it sounds rather burbly! get a vid at some point. got a vaccum guage on the way to see if theres any leaks etc but its having M.O.T asap. had to play with the throttle stop, cable tension and idle and maf screws to get it right though.
    tuned it up using rubjonnys guide and my co2 meter and all seems ok, not driven it yet still but got my slam panel for the lights todays, which im gonna fit soon as, hope it comes with the horn etc! othersise got to transfer it all over from the rallye one.

5. mk2vivs Forum Member

was it an air leak or just setting up?ive got mine just about right now so gona fit the brancher and hopefully be a bit 'freer revving' as it were

6. mk28vICED Forum Member

think probably an air leak. i had to tighten 2 inlet manifold bolts and found another had a stripped thread... vey bad! i now have a vacuum tester to check if the other 5 bolts have sealed it. its got m.o.t friday 12pm and no lights/bulbs/slam panel/grille on yet! arghhh hopefully the light wiring can be adapted otherwise im screwed.

7. mk28vICED Forum Member

passed the m.o.t! car runs sweet and is faster than before v quick upto 80 odd.

8. mk2vivs Forum Member

sweet as cant wait to get this manifold fitted just finished wrapping it so gona bolt it all up tomorrow.

9. mk2vivs Forum Member

no clearance issues with the manifold then