ABF chips

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Sully114, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Sully114 Forum Member

I see there are alot of people selling power chips for ABF on ebay at the moment, has anyone tried one? they claim that the produce 171bhp and 210nm which I think is probably horse poop especially the torque, but I could be wrong. I was wondering if anyone has ever flashed one of these chips themselves, I mean in theory if you have the right kind of chip and you can obtain the map from somewhere it should be fairly simple to do! has anyone ever taken this route before as in copying someones chip and flashing it onto a blank one? or do you always need to get the chip produced on a rolling road?

2. dannyp New Member

yes you can copy chips.

i has bin files from rather a lot of abf chips might post some abf maps up later

3. Sully114 Forum Member

Excellent! that would be awesome, how do you go about flashing them? I see you can get a pci rom flasher from ebay which supports most rom types should be pretty easy to do if you have that. What kinds of maps do you have? any for stock engine with decat?:p

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

not sure if it would be possible, but we could post up all sorts of bin file maps for a bit of compare and contrast

ive got a blitz chip in mine

5. Sully114 Forum Member

If its not possible to flash them using mentioned method can you use software such as lemmiwinks to adjust the map stored on your current chip? that way we could just copy settings in posted bin files.

6. 85mk2golf1.3 Forum Member

does anybody know if these chips on ebay are a decent job??
    im tempted to but one, have an abf'd mk2 with decat and a 4branch manifold,
    does anybody think 171bhp is a realistic figure when this chip is added, or is it a load of bull??

cheers
    jamie

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

what is 171bhp?

heres my plot with an ebay blitz chip
    [​IMG]

8. 85mk2golf1.3 Forum Member

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

well best drive there to pick it up and test it on their dyno to be sure, because we know all dynos..

10. 85mk2golf1.3 Forum Member

yeah i know what you mean,
    so matt82 do you think its worth blowin 70quid on??
    it doesnt exactly break the bank, could make some small change??
    anyone else got any serious opinions??

11. Ess Three Forum Member

You are probably going to get 4-6 BHP peak and maybe 8-12 midrange from a generic chip...so for 70 it's probably worth it.

Just don't expect miracles...
    I just do not buy a generic re-map will give 171 BHP, judging by what I had to do to break mid 160s.

12. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

there were some even cheaper generic chips on ebay recently for about 30 again. for 30 its a steal.

that plot i posted up was a cheapo 30 blitz chip. had it 3 years and am happy with it

13. 85mk2golf1.3 Forum Member

cool,

cheers lads

14. Si16vAnni Forum Member

I got one of those Ebay Chips couple months back. It makes the acceleration more agressive and increase the rev limit. You definatly notice the difference. I also have decat which they say will produce 171 Bhp. Not had mine tested yet but definatly worth the money for the power increase

15. 85mk2golf1.3 Forum Member

cool cheers for that Si16vAnni, is it the exact same chip that i have put ebay link up for or is it a different one you have like matt82 etc??

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

si's one is one of the ones that come from germany. for all we know its the same. getting gtech on his car would give us half a clue

17. 85mk2golf1.3 Forum Member

dead on cheers matt, i think ill make a purchase lol

18. Si16vAnni Forum Member

Soz been busy at work. Cant get ebay at work so Ill look tonight and find out. Definatly a power increase but not sure what BHP you get extra.

19. 85mk2golf1.3 Forum Member

ok cheers Si16vAnni ;)

20. timo16v

timo16v Paid Member Paid Member

.....had blitzchip in my ABF with good results as Matt does.....172bhp peak at 6400rpm with cone, exhaust, 3.5 bar fpr

was always rumoured that 170bhp is the power the abf naturally wanted to produce in standard form but was dialled back at factory so as not to put off buyers of the top of the tree mk3 2.8 VR6 174bhp.......so in many cases a rechip unleashes a more enjoyable 160+

i also tried an ebay co called powerchips with similar results to the blitzchip.....probably just copied.....but went with the blitz in the end as the guy writing them had worked with bosch injection for a number of years