Adrien flux insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by enc., May 5, 2006.

1. enc. Forum Member

Anyone dealt with Adrien Flux insurance? Just had a cracking quote from them. Might even be worth canceling my current policy with Liverpool victoria.

Just wondering what they are like with claims etc?

2. Golfgirl Forum Member

I've just renewed with them for the second year running. I had bad experiences the first time around with their customer service and them threatening to cancel my policy due to a cock-up by Royal Mail, but nobody could come within 200 of them this year so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and going with them for a second year. So far so good. My policy dropped by 180 too:thumbup:

If you're planning on doing some mods I'd save them all up and do them together because they charge 25 admin fee for any alterations to the policy.

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  3. GazB Forum Member

I was with adrian flux a few years back, when I had an accident they did'nt want to know ,They were saying that they were not recieving my letters(which were sent recorded and signed for by them[:$] ). I even got threatened with legal action because they were not corresponding with the 3rd partys insurance company[:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x]

Big NO from my corner, but maybe someone else here can defend them[8(]

4. Gareth83 Forum Junkie

i'm with them for cost reasons.

never had to make a claim (touch wood) but are pretty helpful on the phone etc.

yeah that 25 admin fee is an **** every time you wanna do something.

5. Just be careful, i got a quote from them which was 400 cheaper than the rest, when i rang to arrange the coverthey said there was an error and wanted an extra 1800 to insure me!

John

6. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Not sure about them now, might have improved, but I'd never go with them again after having bad experiences with them a few years back on a modified MK1 16v I had. Their customer service was appalling and as above they seemed to whack an 'admin' fee on just about everything, even if you were trying to change the policy to be correct because they'd cock'd it up! [xx(]

I would however highly recommend Brentacre, been with them for several years on my modified Mk2 and I can't fault them - spot on! Very helpful and knowledgeable staff, no stupid 'admin' fees all the time etc etc :thumbup:

7. GazB Forum Member

Agreed, I'm with these too, awesome service:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

8. Flux are just a broker - I went through a local place, Endsleigh (not sure if you get them over there?) - and both offered me a policy with Highway insurance. But Flux were about 1000 more than Endsleigh. And yes, I am paying 1200 a year on a 1.6d Caddy at age 29!
    There's Northeren Ireland for you.......

9. KieranC Forum Member

They somehow managed to hear a completely different version of an accident I had to what I told them and decided to declare liability on my behalf without telling me... By the time I found out it was too late :)
    Apparently they get a bad rating on some industry standard list thing (I dunno the details, my sister was working somewhere which used this list) but the quote was good... [8(]

10. Jon-MK3-16v Forum Member

I know its an old post, but Adrian Flux have just quoted me 100 cheaper than my current insurance company (Direct Line - mods declared). Brentacre & Greenlight didn't even come close with their quotes.

Has anyone had any recent dealings with Flux & would you recommend them ??.

11. paulyb Forum Member

I had a clio williams written off two years ago, when I had a tpft policy with them, was an absolute niightmare even though it was the other drivers fault. they passed my details onto a third party company who dealt with the claim, and I HAD TO DO A LOT OF THIER WORK FOR THEM took an age to get a pay out that was below the market value of the car.

so I would say be careful and definately go fully comp with them

12. Jon-MK3-16v Forum Member

I know what you mean - i had loads of hassle trying to settle a claim with esure a couple of years ago and that was fully comp. Cheers for the info.

13. Aphex Forum Junkie

I was with Liverpool Victoria and switched to Adrian Flux. Had a knock when I was with LivVic and they were a nightmare! Bearing in mind I was undertaken and smashed into on a roundabout they seemed to think that 5 months later out of the blue they'd pay out 1,500.00 worth of damages to the other car! I had a cracked bumper..!
    I gave them a call when it came to going with Adrian Flux, this is when I discovered I had 0 ncb and they had paid out. They're crap!! [><]

But on a lighter note when Adrian Flux wrote to me to ask why I hadn't declared my accident "didn't know I had one" lol, I sent them a letter to explain and my insurance is still what they quoted me for with 1 years ncb. So not really sure whats going on but they seem alright to me. Much better than that useless bunch spunk bubbles you're with at the mo anyway!

14. gary wigg

gary wigg Forum Member

second year with flux and we got a good deal this year fully comp, protected ncb ,200 access ,400 stereo cover, window screen cover, 100,000 liability.our gti has loads of mods 387 all in result.

15. Jon-MK3-16v Forum Member

Yeah, they seem to be good on price but i want someone who won't treat me like a piece of sh*t god forbid i have to make a claim.

I just get the impression that those who have gone through the claim process with them have not been impressed.

16. gary wigg

gary wigg Forum Member

cant answer that if i have to make a claim in the future and they mess me about i will take my money some where else and slate them on here .:lol: :lol: :lol:

17. kerrly Forum Member

i am with flux for the second year now, have to say most of the time they are very good, im paying 400 TPFT aged 23 on a 16v mk2 with mods declared inc 9a, bodywork, suspension upgrades etc and they always seem to know what you are on about, none of this so umm what are g60 arches or what do you mean smoother colour coded bumpers.
    Even got a angreed valuation, all i had to do was send some pictures and a spec sheet.

One thing though, they are fussy about paperwork and when they recieve it, they have threatened to cancel my policy on several occasions due to paper work being late. Very keen to see copies of alarm certificates and prob wont insure you without a CAT2 minimum.

on the whole not to bad, touchwood never had to make a claim and as others have pointed out the 25 admin fee is a lil irritating if like me u swap between cars during the term of policy a few times

18. andypaterson Forum Member

I'm with flux on a modified VR6. They gave me a very competative quote, and i have even ammended my policy since taking it out and was not charged the 25 admin fee. Maybe they've stopped doing it?

19. dubst16v Forum Member

im with flux for 400 tpft with 2.0 16v mk2
    but sounds like if i ever need to claim im screwed! [:s]

20. leeroy8v Forum Member

hic was cheaper than adrian flux even tho they are sister companies been with hic for 4 years now never a problem always beat quotes i had from anywere less than 200 a year for a mk3 gti cant be bad