Agu not starting

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by CHRIS JERVIS, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

In theory it should be possible, I don't think it would need to be remapped as the driver is "dumb", it's only doing what it's told by the map in the Eprom.

CHRIS JERVIS likes this.
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I'm not saying it cant be done, its just it wont work directly without some changes to the ecu. main thing as I say if one injector driver has already popped I would be worried about the other one going soon especially doing twice the work. if you can get a new injector driver installed that will solve the issue, I'd do both of them. as long as its equivalent spec there shouldnt need to be any modifications to the map. readin the link above though I'd be dubious of keeping the ecu at all, since they're apparently such poor quality...

CHRIS JERVIS likes this.
  3. CHRIS JERVIS New Member

If I could get both drivers installed I could get car up and running again and get it tested for now. As new ecu and setup is big money for non roadworthy car tha need plenty work yet. Do you know what part number the drivers are or where could be got from?

4. rubjonny

CHRIS JERVIS likes this.
  5. CHRIS JERVIS New Member

Wow that lot of info! I have ecu Already opened but nothing looks fried or is it noticeable? Or where should drivers be?

6. rubjonny

you'll have to go through the circuit diagrams to identify them, its not to be taken lightly :)

but saying all that, when you tested the ecu pins direct I guess the loom was still plugged in right? if so maybe you have a short in the harness between injector driver wire and earth somewhere, that would also cause your injectors to stick on. since it happened after you were messing in the engine bay I'd say if there was an issue it would be that side somewhere

7. CHRIS JERVIS New Member

Took the pulse earth pin For the faulty injector Out and tested direct from ecu, thus getting constant earth?

8. rubjonny

ok so yeah, not the loom if you removed the wiring from plug then checked pin direct. time for some soldering ;)

9. CHRIS JERVIS New Member

Hopefully it works thanks everyone top people!

10. CHRIS JERVIS New Member

Was short lived! Tested the drivers with multi meter and they are good so now I’m back to square one

11. davkav

davkav Paid Member Paid Member

Did you check for continuity from the ECU harness to injector plugs?
    And is it an aftermarket harness or the original 1.8T one?

12. CHRIS JERVIS New Member

Ok so back at this today been busy at work..ran light to injectors 2&4 again and I see that these injectors that are overfulling are flashing for about 7 seconds Untill car starts then light stays on constant? Anyone any ideas?

13. CHRIS JERVIS New Member

Yea wires are ok and it’s an m-TEC management ecu