Ah feck, insurance renewal just arived...

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by PhatVR6, May 19, 2004.

1. alexc Forum Member

Well I already have 2 cars insured with them, second one comes under the second car category and they give me the max NCD on both. :)

This one is insured under a completely separate policy that has nothing to do with the others or my NCD.

They agree to the value you specify it would cost to put the car right in the event or a write-off or theft. It's not a market value figure, it's a costings figure, you need to provide pics to back it all up though, interior, engine, wheels etc etc. 15k seemed a reasonable estimate, even though i did some of the work myself.

Ring them back and ask for Phil Numan, he's the one with the knowledge and he'll give you a good deal.

2. Andy947 Forum Addict

Yup, and highway have been superb to deal with durin my claim, no long waits, phone you back when they say they will, even got the e-mail address of the person dealin with it so i could e-mail instead of phoning if i wanted.

:)

3. alexc Forum Member

Danny's was actually insured for over 20k or something like that. His body & paintwork alone was nearly 6k, even though he built the car himself he still spent allot of money on it.
    Edited by: alexc

4. alexc Forum Member

I used them about 5 yrs ago (insured with HIC) back when the car was my daily 16v. It was FC and they sorted it, had it repaired at the garage of my choice (so I could get a few xtras) ;) and back to the way it was within 2-3 weeks.

5. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I don't think mine is quite that precious just yet. 250 3rd party wiill do me fine for the time being.

6. hairnet600 Forum Member

mines 500 tpft cos swapped from a polo :lol:

but its going on a classic policy when its expired 150 quid comp :clap: :lol:

7. paulpalmer Forum Member

If you insure through HIC then you are then insured with Highway who are fecking useless [:x] Crusader the legal people are fecking useless too [:x]

8. paulpalmer Forum Member

How the hell did you get that! They don't want to know with my Fiancees claim and it's not even her fault :(
    Edited by: paulpalmer

9. Andy947 Forum Addict

I must have a much better phone manner - being polite makes all the difference ;)

10. paulpalmer Forum Member

I've tried that but she probably didn't [:$] She is more aggresive than me :o