Amiga 500!! Remember them days?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Vento Mike, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

F**kin aye! just won one on the bay for 9.59 :lol:

Don't know if thats a bargin but i don't care...I used to love my old amiga...games I could actually play. Hopefully I would be dissapointed.

Where you an Amiga fan or were you a Atari st fan?

What games can you all remember?

Sppedball, Turrican 2, Pinball wizards, Lemmings to name but a few:lol:

Some quality sharewhere too.... Jeasus on e's, state of the art...anyone remember them?[:*:]

2. Phil

Phil Forum Member

We were poor. I only had a C64, but I dreamt of the days when I could play Xenon 2 on the Amiga. :)

3. MK1 GIT Forum Member

Amigas were amazing. My mate had one but we could never afford one

4. Flog Forum Member

Way down deep in the middle of the congo.
    Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge

[​IMG]

5. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

I still have my 'Captain Planet' edition Amiga 500plus (1mb RAM don't you know!) all boxed with hundreds of games from when I was a teenager. Used to absolutely love it, remember paying around 400 for it new from Dixons, must be 15 years ago? [:$]

My favourite games:
    Stunt car racer, Prince of Persia, Speedball 2, Gods, F1, James Pond 'Robocod', Robocop 3, Xennon 2, Project X.... and many more! Happy memories! [:D]

6. fthaimike Forum Addict

i loved all those stu

7. GTILass Forum Member

i liked the dizzy games...........he was an egg lol

but i cant remember if that was amiga or somethin else lol

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  8. MrBen Forum Junkie

Ah yes, I was an Atari ST man and got all the suitable abuse from Amiga people, but the ST was needed for music sequencing (mum's a music teacher), so I had to put up with games with very bad sound! Stunt car racer was superb!

9. fthaimike Forum Addict

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  10. Steve B Forum Junkie

yeah i had an amiga 500+ with captain plannet and we upgraded the memory god knows what too

played robocod and walker and indiana jones and prince of persia alian breed tower assault, stunt ca racer, best thing on the amiga was xcopy lol the little yellow dots telling you how far along on the disc copy you were getting hunter was a great game if anyone played it graphics were shocking really but it was 3d and you ran around with a gun but you could get into cars and tanks and hovercrafts and helicopters i think

not too long after we got an amiga cd 32 that was good great games

11. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

I remember XCopy too, very handy tool indeed [:$]
    I used to have (still have actually) an extra floppy drive for my Amiga so you could copy games directly from one floppy to another, very handy.

Anyone remember 'Secret of Monkey Island 2'? I recall it was about 10 floppy discs, excellent game though! [:D]

12. Steve B Forum Junkie

yeah lol i remeber that i think

those extra drives can be plugged into a pc serial port so you can rip games for amiga emulators tried it once cant remeber if it worked or not google it and see what happens if you get any working send em my way lol

13. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Damn Guys!

I just bid on that game on ebay....but it's going for big money! [:s] [:^(]

14. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I bought my A500 from Rumbelows (that long ago...), never beed a computer like it since! Used to be into the demo`s more than games, State Of The Art was one of the best simple but effective.

Bought an a1200 with an 060 processor card and 32mb memory a while ago but it wasn`t the same, then the lad I sold my A500 to gave me it back, nice to have the old girl around again!

15. Seraph Banned

bloody hell!, i can remember that program!

i had both amiga and ST - concurrently. Both awesome, tho amiga considered superior.

anyone remember the promo amiga demo of a robot juggling 3 mirrored spheres, with each sphere having its own reflection.

16. Flog Forum Member

Way down deep in the middle of the congo.
    And Jesus on E's

Awesome demo's.

I prefered using Tetracopy, you played tetris whilst copying, sorry backing up, your games!;) [:$]

17. Budkid

Budkid New Member

I use to be hooked on the sensible world of soccer games, What a class games! And the original Championship Managers....oh the memorys :lol:

Speaking of retro computers... I seen a Spectrum 48k at a local car boot sale last week 3, had the external tape player and everything....Bargain!

18. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Anybody tried WinUAE or Amiga In A box for the pc?, it`s amazing my p4 2.6ghz pc still can`t emulate the Amiga chipset fast enough to keep pace with some of the demos!

The developers must have been smoking something, naming the chipset, Agnus/ Fat Agnus/ Denise/ Gary etc..

I`ve got tons of the disk images, playing Speedball 2 on the XBOX is a good laugh.

19. polomon New Member

Christ ive got one of those in the attic.. along with 2 C64s and a Vic20, them were the days..:lol: (climbs into attic:) )

20. Golfmaddubgirl Forum Member

^^^

:lol: Gosh I had one of those! Cant remember how many others I had before settling with PS2 ( waiting for PS3- grrrrrrrr) :)