An ABF '93 with her issues

Discussion in '16-valve' started by xav, Dec 22, 2022.

1. LukeH96 New Member

Yeah that’s the next thing we’re gonna try, we’ve yet to actually unplug the ISV to see its behaviour.

Only code the cars thrown from bad running was the crank sensor in the distributor which was all sorted and fixed that issue but never anything to do with temp sensors and all values from the sensors in vag-com seem to be okay.

Appreciate the help though, becoming a headache to say the least

2. XAV

xav New Member

I think the dizzy make no difference in the rpm it just here to tracking and checked ignition...

Well only thinking of an air leak or intake in the block.... Checked breather hose and oil vent hoses too

Can i see a picture of your block ?

3. LukeH96 New Member

Yeah it did only seem to cause issues while driving. I can’t get a picture today but I should be able to get one tomorrow.

After reading over these forums, I see rubjonny mention an idle reset? I have the Digifant 3.2 setup, any chance it could be that?

4. XAV

xav New Member

Can't help on that one ....Never try the thing...But if he come here he will tell you so
    Think that reset work for electrical thottle

5. LukeH96 New Member

I see, thanks for your help up to now anyway, it’s a case of elimination and trying anything I guess at this point

6. XAV

xav New Member

yeah that's all you can do with the ABF....I use to tell it is so sensible anything bother it :lol:

7. LukeH96 New Member

Definitely seems to be the case :lol:

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah if you check my signature link theres a document with info about how to reset the idle switch/throttle stop position. its only a base figure though, you may need to fine tune slightly. called g3abfidleswitch.pdf (note you dont have to take throttle off, just do the measurements from the outside rather than the inside)

9. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

there is also an option to initiate basic setting, though I've not known anyone do this and actually notice any difference :lol:
    abfbasicsetting.pdf

10. LukeH96 New Member

Seems like the car is all good now thanks @rubjonny for that, kept the new ISV valve that seemed to play up but it appears to be behaving properly now!