Argh!! Someone hit my car!

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Ben S, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

apparently new doors are over 400 each lol

No police not called. It was low speed incident and we were both not far from our homes. Will be making a powerpoint of the roundabout and vehicle locations step by step.

Am not sure what you meant by the panel gaps Phil.

2. corradophil Forum Member

Panel gaps = gaps between body panels i.e. door to rear quarter, door to sill, door to A pillar, door to C pillar etc. If the gaps all look ok, then it's just a case of bolting on new panels.

400 per door - which dealer will you order them from ;)

3. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

4. DC75

DC75 Forum Member

hey Ben, ive got at least 20 witnesses if you need them;)sprayshop is in Southend, can drive there if you want but i had a word today and just some good photos should do.

5. Mr Mul Forum Member

Sorry to hear about this fella.. hope you get things sorted soon.. :)

6. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

I took photos but tbh it just looks like someone keyed it on the photos. Probably best I drive to see him. Are they open on Thursday?

To show the Mk2 I have not got completely disheartened with it, have just fitted new rear discs/pads/bearings. No more knackered bearing whine.. and blimey the handbrake has tightened up lol

7. DC75

DC75 Forum Member

will be open thursday but not sure im gonna be around long as im hoping for a short last day, you dont need me though i can just let them know your coming and make sure they look after you:thumbup:there are plenty of other spray shops in the Bas area if you just need a quick quote for your ins but i do rate the boys for there work, might aswell get a quote for de-handling those rears;)

8. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

the de-handle procedure sounded paiful for them to do when you described it last time, so I imagine it's not cheap

9. DC75

DC75 Forum Member

not sure of pricing but was a pain in the ass, luckily though THERE pain in the ass!

10. G2T

G2T Forum Member

Ben, Don`t involve your own insurance, use an indipendant claims company to pursue the claim through his insurance.

There are a few reasons for this including the fact that your insurance company will inflate your premium on renewal as you have been involved in and incident and claim, regardless of fault.

I personally know a few people who have done it this way and it has worked much better for them, than those I know who haven`t.

Good luck and if you get stuck for doors, well pm me!!

11. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

He'll still have to declare it regardless.

12. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Cancelled the claim as it just seemed like it would go on forever and end up costing me more in the long run than if I get it fixed myself.

First time I have had to claim against anybody... a learning experience. Basically you are screwed unless you were stationary when someone crashed into you + there are several witnesses around.

Mk2 still scarred, parked on drive looking sorry for itself. [8(]

13. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Had 2 people hit me while moving.

First person admitted fault, rang their insurer and sorted it all out before i even had chance to call mine. They pulled into our rear 1/4.

2nd time, i had to claim against them, but as they hit the rear of our car with their motorbike, they did not dispute their fault. Rightly so.

14. geordiegar Forum Member

Gutted for you but take it on the chin mate, roundabout claims are notoriously difficult to prove fault.