Autocavan super brake linkage

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by mk1., Apr 16, 2010.

1. tidymike New Member

Did anyone find the Citi version of this on ETKA? I'm looking for a return spring...

2. skeldogg Paid Member Paid Member

i had one of these....so ****ed i sold it
    think i sold it for 110 a couple of years ago

3. tidymike New Member

I'm looking for the fitting instructions and a new return spring. If anyone has either or even the dimensions of the return spring it would be much appreciated (internal and external dias, no of coils and offset of the spring ends and maybe a photo;))

4. stephenT New Member

I've just had mine cleaned up and powder coated. I'll take a picture of the spring and send it to you tomorrow

5. tidymike New Member

That'd be great if you could - thanks

6. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

So any progress on these brake linkages, anyone tried the pug 106 or found another that will do the same job?

7. tidymike New Member

Not with mine - didn't hear back about the spring although I did notice that the South African Citigolf has a similar setup. I was trying to get the part number for the spring off the Citi from ETKA but without success. TBH though I'm not in a huge rush to fit mine as the brakes are good as is. Just another thing on the to do list.
    Would be good to know if the Citi setup is compatible as you get the odd one breaking now and then.

8. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

What calipers, servo and m/c are you running mike? That solid bar does look like a good upgrade.

9. tidymike New Member

16v Scirocco front calipers and carriers, 256mm with the 22mm m/c upgrade. Still got drums at the back as they don't have a lot to do and I was worried about the dangers of over braking the rear wheels with discs at the back.
    You're right about the solid bar though-it does look like a nice bit of kit. I should get it fitted really.

10. tidymike New Member

I think the servo is the bigger one too....

11. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

Sounds like a good set-up, what solid brake linkage do you have, the autocavan one?

12. daniboy1_2_3 Forum Member

How much clearance do you have with your alternator and the brake cross linkage mike? ANd is your alternator 65 or 90 amp as i believe the casing is bigger on the 90 amp.

13. tidymike New Member

I've got the standard linkage in place but have the solid bar one in the stash waiting to be fitted at some point. I think the alternator is 65A. It doesn't have a lot to do other than charge the battery does it? I.e. No heated seats, amp etc. I think I sent you the part no a month or so back?
    Clearance is OK - over an inch.

14. chopperoli Forum Member

anyone going to SA on holiday?
    [​IMG]

note the coilpack also