baffled sump

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by M7R, Feb 16, 2010.

1. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Hi Karl, have you ordered this sump yet?

How much was the total cost if you dont mind me asking as i need to be ordering one asap!

2. INA

INA Forum Member

Rebranded?Wrong. The 06A oil pan was designed and Engineered by me and the first batch was produced in our shop. We have since worked extensively WITH Moroso Engineers to produce the product more efficiently....why make a competing product if we can work together right and I can devoit my time towards other products.
    You can not buy our pans from any Moroso dealer as "they do not exist" . My designs are my designs [:D]

Try it,
    Unless your friend is doing it for you for free and you are getting material for free then I dont see how you can make a mass produced part for cheaper.

CAST ALUMINUM != sheet aluminum.

I have sold numerous baffled oil pans all over the world, one guy sent me an image of a pan after he hit a chunk of ice going ice racing ....guess what, if that was a cast pan it would have been cracked. All he had was a small DING in the pan.

Really? So Oil sloshing around in your oil pan is hit or miss? Sorry but you are making this seem all to easy. Yes "looking at pics" makes your job easy because guys like me have done the work for you but there is a science in designing proper oil pans and there is a science in designing oiling systems period.

It not just "I got me a steel oil pan and some spare steel and I am going to make me a baffled oil pan using someone elses work"

That is an 827 pan. Wont work on any 1.8T unless you put an ADR/AJL/AEB into your chassis. We carry those pans as well and can offer them cheaper than anywhere else. Our 827 ALUMINUM PAN is a refined version of this pan. If you ever owned this pan you would know you can not run a power steering pump and the kicked out section is at the front right in the way of a nice rock vs the rear like ours.
    [​IMG]

For the record I have NO problems with any of you building your own parts in house OR debating about oil pan designs but I am confident in saying that you will NOT find a finer engineered product on the market for the cost involved.So if you want to be one of those guys that has the means to cut sheet metal and weld it into your pan then great but dont down play others and say "it is not F1 blah blah" because you could not justify the cost that we sell the pans for.
    If I wanted to weld in trap doors into OEM pans I could have done that 5 years ago, however, I know that quality sells and it HAS SOLD. Since our PVW article we are onto our 6th batch of pans and this time it will be 30 units so I know people are finding the quality of these pans to be great. You can weld 20 baffles/traps into your OEM cast pan but at the end of the day you are still with an OEM CAST pan that does not have increased capacity for all the volume you are taking up nor does it have the means to be a true baffled oil pan and sorry but that is the harsh reality.

Similar Oil Pans for Porsche folk go for $800+ USD. The only reason I did these for the VAG crowd because the Schrick pan does not do its job and the Oettinger unit is NLA. Both are great pans but for the money they are no different than getting an ABF unit and welding in traps yourself.

3. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I must say Issam your sump deffo looks the best and i am sure will perform as good as it looks, i for one will be placing an order very soon indeed

4. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

the total was 320 iirc, with free postage. fit was good and the inside was pretty mint to look at, not quite a INA sump but good for the OE look and works fine

5. JWYATT Forum Member

I ordered a back draft one last night , and got a email today saying they're not making them anymore , so think hopefully I speak to Jabba sport and sea if they can sort me out ,

6. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Pro-Alloy do baffled sumps as well. Pm me if you are interested as there may be bit of a group buty happening soon

7. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I made mine using detailed pictures of the WTCC sump, I will get these pictures online soon!

intrestingly either down to the design or the regs all the parts are bonded in rather than welded ! :o[:-B]

8. JWYATT Forum Member

Spoke to Jabba today and they've stopped making the sumps , ive seen the pro alloy are the same lock wire design as JBS ?

9. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Think so, i personaly dont think there is an issue with locking wire, even if it was to fall off into the sump i dont think it would end up inside oil pump

10. JWYATT Forum Member

yeah there'd be no issue with it getting through the oil strainer , just you wouldnt know if it had fallen off maybe , unless you take you sump off regulary ,

But either way id defonetly be in four a group buy , im shore the lock wire would be more than enough if pro alloy are putting there name to it ,

( would the group buy be send your sump there to get modified ? ) :thumbup:

11. INA

INA Forum Member

Thats because Jabba sells our oil pans.:thumbup:

12. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Its exchange your sump against one ready made

I will pm you details tmrw

13. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

Sorry to interupt this thread is there any one in the midlands with a baffeled sump not fitted that i could copy all i need to do is make templates of the baffels and position there in, i can laser cut the profiles and weld them in any one that can help can have a sump done for free! sorry again for butting in:)

14. INA

INA Forum Member

...this thread still makes me chuckle.

15. nut 20v

nut 20v CGTI Regional Host - Birmingham & Midlands

hopefully enough for wee to come out:lol:

16. 16valver Forum Member

Anyone fitted one of the JBS sumps?