Best Induction kit for Golf MK3 GTI

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Bazil, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i expect that makes about as much sense to him as it makes to me lol

Bazil... the most important thing to know is where the local good B-roads are mate ;)

2. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

I know, hence saying use the route finder. Glasgow with all the one way systems is quite complicated, and there is quite a few ways to go to it ! For me its easy 3 streets and im on the right road ! its really walking distance from me ! (20 min walk)

3. Bazil Forum Member

I just priced up the piperX panel filter and they 32, thats cheap. Ill check out that shop next time im up in glasgow, thanks.

Bobby_T_16v do you never go to any of the car cruz about Inverclyde and glasgow?

4. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

Not really into cruising, too much trouble and too much police attention. Sometime i go to Scottish Vag meets (which are monthly) and a few other events like Crail or Knockhill. I used to do the whole cruise scene but that was about 6 years ago and never have done since then !

I prefer to go to Dub related events over the country ! Good shows and excellent Road Trips (Depending who your in convoy with ! and if they go over 60mph ! ! ! No Names !)

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

how much is a K&N? ive heard a few bad things about piperx

on here, TSC has a bad opinion of them because of a 20 year old filter he had fell apart

some guy with an 1.8t had one "fall apart" but he cant/wont show pics so cant tell if it should be taken seriously

i had a J&R cotton filter in my box (came with the car). i didnt like it because between the weave of the cotton you could see like 1mm square holes... so didnt filter much at all

6. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

K&N is about 50, if TSC is complaining about a filter thats 20 year old I would say thats good going ! I hope my car will last another 20 years. I have heard some good some bad. I think its the case of having to take care of it

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

with my cone, when you hold it up to the light, no light comes through. thats good imo lol

no sign of mine coming apart, hence i wanted to see that guy's 1.8t filter that was 'falling apart'...

8. Bazil Forum Member

Ive been to glasgow once by myself with my car and i got lost even my satnav battled to get me out of glasgow

9. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

The Glasgow cruise ? i.e the ones on Strathycruise ? or the Scottisg Vag meets in Glasgow ?

10. Bazil Forum Member

I just went up one day to get something and got lost.
    I dont mind going to the car cruz, i go just to get a laugh with some friends and some of the cars. But also go to check out the nice cars. I would like to go up to knockhill sometime cause ive never been before. Is it any good?

11. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

Its ok, bit boring unless your on the track, Crail is also ok but again a bit boring it your not going up the strip !

12. scottymk2 Forum Member

k&n panel filter, remove the hot air feed pipe from the exhaust manifold and re-route it to the front of the car with a scoop (thats my next plan anyway!)

13. Bazil Forum Member

Hi. Would anyone happen to have the post code of GSF - German Swedish & French. Cuse im gonna go try find it today
    Thanks

14. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

15. bluntman-oli New Member

hi. was looking at getting induction kit but been advised a panel is better. whats the diffrerence as not very clued up on panels??

wat are the piperx viper inductions like as all the reviews say there the best!!!

im running a powerflow full stainless cat back exchuast and wanna no wat will up the performance a little..