Bike TB's - Update with MORE pics

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by drunkenalan, Sep 26, 2007.

1. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

I have got myself some Bike TB's from a Suzuki, they are 45mm ID inlet which reduces over the length of the body to 40mm ID @ the outlet.:)

Much to my surprise when i had them delivered they came with two sets of buttterfly valves in each throttle body[:s] . the 1st one is the usual spring loaded manually operated one the second on is electrically driven. I understand that they do this to improve torque low down.

Should I remove the plate and shaft and block off the shaft holes or is there anything to be gained by trying to make them work?

They also have 2 injector ports in the bodies, should i use the PB injector holes or in the injector holes in the throttles, is it better to have the injectors closer to the inlet valve or further away? the bodies came with the injectors in them, are they any use to me?

Sorry for the many questions.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  2. prof Forum Addict

sounds like the same ones i have

can megasquirt run 8 injectors? if so some small injectors in the original pb holes with the suzuki injectors topping up at higher revs would be a good move. i think some of the gains from the guys that run carbs is from delivering the fuel slightly further away from the port.

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Yes it can. You can use the "dual table function".

4. mookie Forum Member

Are these going in a Mk2 8v? If so, I'd be really interested to see how you do it.

5. prof Forum Addict

that sounds great,

what's your thought on the 8 injector setup TOYOTEC?

6. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

yes they are for the 2.1 8v. Going to cut up a pb manifold and make something to suit the space available.

I could use 12 injectors, two in the throttle bodies and one in the original holes. OVERKILL i think.

7. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Can help in fuel atomisation issues if primary injectors x 4 are sized too big for idle and cruise stages. So with this function you can have 4 smallish ones in a conventional position and 4 largers ones in an optimised postion near the bellmouth which would be switch on to fulfill a target AFR@ high load
    Even though I understand what would have to be done I am no pro on this. It would be good to hear what others with proper racing engines have done on this matter.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  8. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

I assume that controlling the electrically operated buttterfly valves is going to be a nightmare, so im going to abandon that idea,

if i can get the bits together i should be able to make a start on the manifold this week. ill get some plugs made for the injector holes just incase i dont need them.

9. scirocco-turbo Forum Member

Bike bodies

I am at present making an inlet manifold to fit a set of Kawasaki ZX12R bodies onto an Oettinger 16s. These bodies were dirt cheap and have a 46mm butterfly.
    Like you I am looking to use eight injectors, 4 in the bodies and 4 in the head, though having fun trying to find a set slim and long enough to replace the k jet ones. I think I have found some in the US but they flow enough for a 900bhp engine, poss a bit much as I think the max I will get will be about 230-240 bhp (Forged pauter rods, pistons and lots of revs!!).
    If you need any help with the inlet manifold let me know.
    Regards
    Dave Luben 07890 382511

10. prof Forum Addict

g60 injectors mate up near the head

11. BULL

BULL Forum Member

hi dave,

why do you need to get injectors that are slim like the k-jet ones, just me being curious, are the original injector seats integral to the oettinger head/manifold?

12. Mike_H Forum Addict

What management are you going to run, Dave? Is it Kjet or an electronic setup?

13. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

Dave have you got any measurements that will be of use, is yours 16v??

14. Dubnutter Forum Member

i know a fair bit about throttle body setup[:D]

The idea of having a duel injector setup, especaily on megasquirt is a great idea.

The best setup is a small injector near the tb butterfly, and a large injector in the pb head.
    The air speed at idle and cruise will be perfect at atomising the fuel and will serve for excellent fuel econemy and torque, while the large injectors in the head will have enough air speed at full throttle over 3500k to atomise the denser spray pattern.

One small problem though, you will need to think about a vacuum feed, the usual bike tb set up like i did on my 2.0 zetec on tb's is to used the head/lower manifold to house the injectors, and use the bike tb injector holes to fit a tube into each one joining to a vacuum rail and then to the brake servo etc.

but its a great idea for a setup, would work even better on a 16v motor, could really utilise a silly large set of second injectors for full throttle on a valver ;)

15. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

oh you 16v lot!

ill get some pics up later, when i get home

16. Mike_H Forum Addict

To be honest, Al, just get some G60 injectors and bung em in the head. Leave the old bike injectors in the TB's to block up the hole.

You don't need an 8 injector setup on an NA 8v - even if it is a 2.1

17. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

TBH mike i wasnt really looking at 8 injectors just the best place to locate them I have some audi S2 injectors.

18. Mike_H Forum Addict

Stick em in the head first I'd say. Throttle response should be better. If it doesn't work then consider a relocation.

They should have enough power for you... might be too much though...

19. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

here you go.

larger electric throttles
    [​IMG]

8 injectors and dual fuel rails
    [​IMG]

Spring loaded throttles & vacuum system
    [​IMG]

side ways view, total length of the body 90mm
    [​IMG]

20. Mike_H Forum Addict

K . I . S . S .