Bodyshop trying to have me over *UPDATED - Finally got THEM!!*

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Obvious, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Obvious Forum Member

Thanks for your words mate, Appreciate you taking the time to read this all through and sharing a strikingly similar story to mine. A lot of what you said rings true, I am now at that point of giving up after getting the run around from the insurance company, the bodyshop and trading standards myself. And no matter what I do, I just can't get that same feeling I had for the car prior to it being repaired as I did before I had the accident.

As each day passes, the worse the paint job gets. It's sinking, and pretty badly too. And as the lacquer is curing more, even more defects are appearing, pin holes etc. The whole car is in such a state up close, looks good from a distance and you'd be forgiven in thinking it looked a mess. But when you are up close and personal where it matters, it's like it's been mauled by a bunch of school kids. And as you said, you just end losing that feeling you once had for the car.

I'm back to playing the waiting game again. Again no word from CIS, engineers, nothing. Phone calls going nowhere and getting the usual fobbing off. CIS just don't care, they want me to take the car back to them. The way I see it, anyone in their right mind wouldn't take it back for a third time of asking and hope they get it right without putting yet more damage in it as each time it went back prior fresh damage appeared each time.

I'll get a decision one day with what's happening, just not holding my breath at the moment.

2. red 8V Forum Member

just scrap it , cut your losses

Red

3. dubboy76 Forum Member

Read this and gutted for you. I had similar problems with Admiral in the past. Your contract is with them and they should be dealing with all this, not you. You need to log all calls and expenses. You should refuse the car from the start. It may take a very long time to sort out and probably involve the insurance ombudsman and various independent assessments. Mine took ages to sort but got car back OK in the end with compensation. Hope you get it sorted.

4. pacifica112

pacifica112 Forum Member

that is a discrace. I had an accident a few years back and my car got wrecked by the accident repair shop that they sent it to. When i first got the car back i wouldnt even let them take it off the truck because of the damage that they had done to it and the second time they stole things out of it. I ended up doing the same to you and threatening legal action to the other party's insurance company to get them to pay for the repairs at a garage of my choice. My advice would be to go to the insurance ombudsman and tell them everything that has happened and get their advice. They should make the insurance company sort it all out because its their fault that the costs have gone up, it wasnt due to the accident.
    keep us posted on aything further that happens.
    good luck with everything

5. beaniegti

beaniegti Forum Member

Totally shocked by this-not because of poor bodyshop work, but because of the treatment you have recieved from places that are supposed to protect consumers from such blatant incompetance.

Really hope this gets sorted-Best of luck

6. Obvious Forum Member

Right yet another update, as I've had no internet access again thanks to Orange. Second down time in a month so just nipped on on a friends connection.

Anyway onto the good news! I now have the bodyshop by the short and danglies!! And about time too.

I've been able to get hold of a copy of the post repair report carried out by the engineer, and within the report it was claimed I had signed a note of satisfaction saying the repairs had been carried out and I was happy with them. So straight on the phone to CIS and asked them if they had a copy of this invoice on record. Yes we do they say, so I had it sent out and it arrived this morning.

And would you believe it, they have only gone and fraudulently signed this invoice with my signature which is laughable as it's not even close. So finally looks like a happy ending may be insight. Invoice was dated 28th of June, car was only booked in on the 25th lol. I took the car from them on the 14th of July and complained.

Have been on the phone to CIS and informed them of the fraud, Trading standards, and I am just on my way to see the police this evening to report it to them also. So looks like this outfit might be getting shut down, and also arrested and done for fraud! As for what CIS I will do I don't know, but I'm quite sure they will chase them down too for fraud also as I do believe they have paid out.

So I shall see them in court for fraud and claiming damages to the car and so on.

Finally after all the hassle there may be a silver lining insight. :thumbup: So thanks for all the supprt and advice guys, really appreciate it very much as it stopped me from giving up hope.

7. Jonny777 Forum Member

Thats bloody fantastic! [:D]
    I hope it does turn out for the best!
    Make sure you screw them for all they have tbh!
    Especially considering they forged your signature! Disgusting.

Good luck ending it mate [:D]

8. Obvious Forum Member

Thanks, finally coming to an end I hope. [:D]

9. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

CIS turns CSI :lol:
    fantastic news, hope it all gets sorted in the end![:D]

10. Obvious Forum Member

:lol: Yes, indeed. It's amazing what demanding copies of reports can do, as they never once told me they had a signed invoice from the bodyshop.

11. inoakgreen Forum Member

now you got your proof, use it wisely!!!! and i dont just mean your car repairs either!!!!! remember the stress, time, hassle, b*llox that you've been through, and estimate accordingly - time to speak to a solicitor!!! if you have hard evidence, then dont worry - they can foot the bill!!!!

do you recks you can also get whiplash???? get loadsa money for whiplash!!!! try and get some whiplash!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. Obvious Forum Member

Grrr have just got back from speaking to the police, and told them about the signature fraud and they are not interested. Have said it's down to the insurance company to pursue it as it's them that have had the fraud commited to them. Great justice system we have...

I'll still be going to see a solicitor on Monday and just make some enquiries as to what can be done. And have also rung Admirmals legal team, who again don't want to get involved as they can't pursue anything, It's again down to CIS.

Just when I thought I had a breakthrough and all.

13. Aphex Forum Junkie

Chin up buddy. The police won't get involved with fraud issues at the banks anymore either, I think it's a fairly new policy.

As much as it seems like dragging your feet through mud you've got to keep with it. MInes going off to an accident repair place soon and I'm bricking it, going to take about 6 zillion pictures before it goes.

14. Obvious Forum Member

Make sure you do, and from every angle also, but they will probably do a pre-con anyway. Hopefully you should have much better experience than me. I guess I just got unlucky with mine, but there are horror stories out there.

I'll be keeping my chin up don't worry, I'll be on the phone first thing Monday morning to CIS and ensuring they pursue them ;)

15. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

let it be a lesson . NEVER let anyone loose on you motor unless they have very good recommendations.

regardless of what some divvy twats at insurance co try to tell you.

hope it ends well.

16. Antichav Forum Member

this thing has so gone past just getting a car repaired, just make sure you drag both CIS and the bodyshop through as much crap as you can.

If I recall correctly, aren't insurance companies regulated by some governing body? I'm sure the OFT would have something to say about it also

how about getting a contact posted up on here so we can petition on your behalf to CIS?

worth a shot surely?

17. inoakgreen Forum Member

i still recks they should be held liable, and they should be the ones you pressurise your solicitors to pursue!!!! we are considered 'joe public', so are more obliged to, take whatever considerations are made by ins. cos. more seriously (well thats how you want to play it anyway - the ignorant motorist card). so you were going by what they recommended, the recommendation was cr*p, either they pursue it, or you pursue them!!!! either way you now have evidence your solicitors can put to good use!!! dont forget to include all legal bills, compo. for the stress, etc...

18. Obvious Forum Member

I'll have to look into that and what can be done, it might actually be worth a try I guess.

Update time again, Limited net access at the moment thanks to orange.

As you know Police are not interested, told me CIS are the only ones that can prosecute. I've phoned CIS and they are not, repeat NOT interested and will not be prosecuting. So go figure, CIS no are just prooving all along they don't give a damn about me or the claim as I have been waiting for them to ring me now for 2 days. Every time I ring I am told, managers are not around and so on..
    So....

CIS head office just in the city centre from me, So i'm going to go marching in their with all the paperwork and will NOT be leaving until a manager has heard the case and I get what I want.. My car sorted, comp, and the bodyshop prosecuted.
    Still waiting to hear back from trading standards also.

19. Cabby Dave Forum Member

The call centre wont be there.

20. Monkeynutz Forum Member

the CIS are a joke, myself and my old man dont deal with them anymore after years of custom the f**ked me over properly, and the customer service was useless, never returning calls etc, i know how painful this is...blood from stone etc, wish you the best of luck fella!