Bodyshop trying to have me over *UPDATED - Finally got THEM!!*

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Obvious, Jul 7, 2007.

1. KeithMac Forum Junkie

From what I can see, CIS have payed this ****ty bodyshop to do the work for you, it`s CIS who should be taking action agains the bodyshop, your complaint should start and stop at CIS.. It`s like buying a kettle from Argos and it blows up a day later, you take it back to Argos, not the company who manufactured it..

Have you spoken to a solicitor yet?, surely signature fraud is enough to take the bodyshop to court?. You also haven`t signed a satisfaction note so the claim still stands with CIS, have you written to the car insurance ombudsman?.

You have a case with CIS, THEY should be dealing with the bodyshop not you. Don`t give up mate that`s what they expect you to do.

Put a complaint in about CIS and their handling of your case.

2. Obvious Forum Member

Have finally got the internet back, 2 weeks access in 2 months, great service Orange Broadband... NOT!

Just to catch up I am waiting for a final response letter back from CIS, Ombudsman informed me, they can't do anything just yet until I get a final response letter. If I do not get the letter within 8 weeks of me sending my final letter of complaint to them, then they will take over from there. So just have to hold fire until I get the letter from CIS then I have a case with the Ombudsman. Have not contacted the FSA, but I just be doing so as the more avenues I can go down with this the better.

Still no word from trading standards either :rolleyes: I had the cased passed on a good few weeks ago, so might just have to pop into my local office and try chase them up also.

I'll get there eventually with it all, been a long and hard drawn out process thus far, but still not losing hope ;)

3. Jonny777 Forum Member

Good luck mate [:D]

I think you should sue Orange while you're at it an all! :lol:

4. Obvious Forum Member

:lol: Don't even go there.. haha

Let's take the past 2 months for an example. Total down time = 6 weeks
    They fixed the 'fault on the line' then 1 week later it went down again, back on again today after just over 2 weeks of being down. Already been glitchy this morning.

Will be jumping ship from Orange asap.

5. vwaudi Forum Member

Been on Orange broad band for nearly 11 months, not a problem except on Sunday afternoons when it goes a bit slow.

6. Obvious Forum Member

Wish our service was as reliable as yours. It's always the LLU and line faults that go haywire, brings up the dreaded PPP server down on the livebox. Apparently a well know problem Orange are facing, and have been facing for months on end now. They are looking into migrating everyone onto new servers/lines to try resolve it they reckon.

Give a week and it'll be down again :lol:

7. vwaudi Forum Member

I live in the centre of town, and reasonable close to the BT exchange so I thing it all helps.

When I was on BT I was getting 8 meg all the time, I left them because Orange BB came free with the phone.

8. Obvious Forum Member

I'm about 600m as the crow flies from the exhange, and speeds haven't been that great to be honest. Line capable of 10mb+ as shown on the livebox.. Orange speed never seems to get anywhere near or over 2mb :thumbd: for a so called 8mb service.