Boot build finally pics (56k beware)

Discussion in 'ICE' started by GolfChick22, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

i like how you keep reminding me tim [:D] really,because i tend to forget.

i dont know whats happening tbh,as soon as the sportline finally! goes ill see how i feel i think,will probably get stuck into it again :)

2. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

good lad!

you know it makes sence!

3. GolfChick22 Forum Member

nope no updates im afraid ive got to wait til middle of next week for sub as they've stopped selling that particular version of it so im getting the newer more powerful for no extra cash. Also im waiting for some diff door pods to arrive that i bought off ebayso i can fit some alpine type r components in them with tweeters positioned somewhere perfic possible on top of where the dash speakers were that i just removed.

4. outlandish5 Forum Member

Best place for tweeters is on the piller at the back of the door (forget the name of it), so the tweeter is right by your ear. Tweeters are directional and sound awesome mounted there. But get some proper passive crossovers for em tho.

I dont see why you've got 6x9's in the boot. Personally I'd say dump em and get a component set in the doors and maybe another set in the shelf.

Subs are non-directional and sound better pointed away from you, so mount then in the boot behind the back seats, not facing each other for optimum sound.

My first install I went for looks, an it was alright. My 2nd install I didn't care about looks and went purely for sound quality. And it blew people away. Nearly won a competition for it too, but the judge prefered the systems that looked pretty, so I only came 2nd.

5. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

That boot is standing wave heaven.... sorry.

Heaven for standing waves = hell for acoustic and phsycoacoustic properties.

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

What do you know about the subject anyway Tub? :lol:

More to the point WTF am I doing reading such a thread? [:s]

7. 8Valverpaul Forum Member

:clap:Good effort mate!! * (american mode on) You go girl!! (american mode off)* !! I'm about to do an install in my Mk2 aswell, have a set of door speakers, phoenix gold amp and precision power sub to go into the MDF, carpet and sticky back plastic I have in the spare room!!:lol:;)

8. outlandish5 Forum Member

And Dynamat is a god send. But takes a while to lay 36 sq ft of the stuff.[:D]

9. dustybin New Member

If i posted the same as golfchick would i of got such a big response:p

Ive got a set of Alpine type R components golf chick, amped Alpine
    SPR-17LS for the front, they sound really cool but i personnaly think
    they sound a bit harsh on the highs, i need to find out if i can turn
    the tweeters down on the crossover i got no instructions with them...

10. Aquablue Forum Member

Good job! Good to see a girl getting her hands dirty! A bit late now, but you could have got a GTI spare wheel and boot carpet, then you wouldn't have had to cut around the spare wheel, make the false floor and would have had a slightly bigger boot!

What make are the door pods?-Audioscape one's?

I'm puting my amp inside the rear side door panel and will be making a fibreglass sub box when I get the time!

11. GolfChick22 Forum Member

no the door pods arent audioscape, aint got 180 spare!! but they are vrey nice for 40 i paid. ive bought a set of components, some jl xr650csi's. Also my sub has now arrived and been installed

[​IMG]

12. eloquent Forum Member

Is a sub really required for classical music?

13. GolfChick22 Forum Member

lol i dont listen to classical music, i just play it! yes im weird ive been told lol i listen to mostly punk rock and some heavier stuff

14. bubba_2_k Forum Member

no parcell shelf? if u lived round here that would have been stolen by now :lol:

15. GolfChick22 Forum Member

there is hopefully gonna be a parcel shelf soon when i buy one and IF it fits

16. Aquablue Forum Member

Shame it's a touch too tall as otherwise the standard one would have been ok. Looks about the same height as the plastic shelf supports? Unless you modify your new sub box and take a little of the height out, or even make a new one! Both a bit of a pain though!

17. icedub New Member

Or try lying the box on it's back, with the base of the box up against the rear of the back seat. The angle should be the same, won't affect the sound much, but will make it far lower - without having to mod the box or build another. Standard shelf friendly also.