broken wheel thread

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by jegaboo, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Sciroccotune Forum Member

As above, just get a new drum and bearing, will only come to about 20. Why not do the other side and paint them first - get rid of the rust :)

2. jegaboo Forum Member

cheers guys, as for brakes drums and shoes, its my old mans car, but I thought he had these replaced at the last MOT in June last year! Defo had front disks replaced.
    What will the labour charge be you reckon on this?
    Anyone know anywhere in Cambridge that could sort this, as gotta drive it up to W Yorks in a few weeks so needs to be right

3. FABVR6 Forum Member

why the hell not just change the rear discs!!! so much simpler and cheaper!! 15 each

4. fireheed Forum Member

To the original answer you could get away with only having 3 wheel nuts as long as the wheel is perfectly hubcentric. I.e. the wheel centre fits snugly on the shoulder of the drum.

5. oak8vgti Forum Member

cant just change the rear disc's cause he says it has drums :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

If he had the drums & shoes replaced recently then probably can just get away with just replacing the drum on 1 side if there is no wear on the other one. I'd still replace both as a pair, dont want uneven braking on the back really!