C & R Enterpsuprises

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by busta, Jun 11, 2005.

1. busta New Member

I own a MK4 golf gti turbo and have had several problems with various bits and bobs going wrong. After reading different magazines i decided to take it to C & R (crap & Rank) enterprises. After having the car back several times and emptying my bank account, the problems are still there and iam skint. I am very frustrated by the fact that they diagnosed the faults on the car, took the money off me to fix the faults and then wanted more money off me because they had diagnosed the faults incorrectly. Those of you who have used C & R will know that the guy in charge of these things is always right (you know who i mean!!!!!!). After a very infuriating conversation with this chap about the problem. i have now vowed never to use these overpriced incompetent muppets again. Has anyone else had a similar experience with these people?????[:x][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. slythe_guy Forum Member

3. slythe_guy Forum Member

4. Dubya Forum Junkie

I bought my suspension kit off them (mail order) and I thought the service I recieved was very good.

I have never had any work done by them though, but I would certainly buy products from them again.

5. pigbladder Forum Addict

ive had good experiances with them, but yeah he does know it all

hard to find anywhere you can trust :clap:

6. Dubya Forum Junkie

Very true.

I hate letting other people work on my car!

7. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

i have found some one i can trust with my cars, so im happy! [:D]

tim

8. coolasacucumber Forum Member

ive had no experience of them at all, but if your post is 100% accurate, you will be able to get your money back as you say the work they carried out was incorrect.

have you discussed refunds etc with them?

9. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Both good and bad experiences but I would use again as they are better than some and at least they will talk to you if you do have any problems.
    Supplied me with parts that I couldn`t get anywhere else so they are alright in my book. :thumbup:

10. busta New Member

I did try to duscuss the problem with the fella but he was adamant that he wanted more money to put the job right. I was quite disturbedatthe way i was spoken to and have written off any expenses due to the fact that i will not be dealing with them again. I will not let them have any of my hard earned cash again. I have used them for some time and found the other staff to be helpful, but this fella has a serious problem and i'am surprised he is still up and running if he talks to his customers like that. I was under the impression that the customer should be treated with respect.

11. richgit Forum Junkie

name :) ?

12. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Steve Cresswell, I would imagine.....

13. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

I've only had to speak to him once, and that was to order some armour door plates. He asked me if I was sure it was a mk2 I was ordering them for. What does he expect me to say, 'hang on, you're right it's actually an FSO Polonez, my mistake. How silly of me' [:x]

14. I like the rain Forum Member

i've had work done quite a few timesmaybe my stuff has been more straight forward buti think C&R are 'proper bo'great stuff ... expensive but they know what they are doing and they use all the top quality parts

i will use them againhowever im eager to try somewhere else such as JBS autodesigns who are about the same distant away from me as C&R

15. AndyCEB Forum Junkie

I have bought a engine mount and CV joint off them, they were the only people who could get the mount for me, I was impressed with the dedication they took to find the part rather than saying "no sorry mate" like everywhere else.

Only thing that bugged me was the IMO very very high postage costs! :thumbd:

16. nutter4x4 Paid Member Paid Member

TBH i wouldn`t post anything on here, go to trading standards to get it sorted

17. P1PRX Forum Member

That bloke gets on my tits...... enough said [:x]

18. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

And everyone else's..... there have been numerous threads about him, all of which have been removed after he phoned up and bitched about them to CGti. What can I say, if you provide a good service then people won't complain - if you're an asshole then you're going to get slated. Not that I'm saying he is, mind you - it's just my own opinion that he is an asshole...... [:D]

19. busta New Member

Sound like the general impression is this bloke is not very well liked. I must apologise to any other staff at C & R who are feeling picked on. It was not my intention to have a go at everyone there. The problem is the guy that no one likes. I think that if i hadn't had to deal with him in the first place i might still be using C & R.

20. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Just to ensure that this thread gets locked, I feel I should mention the fact that Mr. Cresswell was knocked out stone cold by a customer, after saying something along the lines of - "Ha haha - he has a MK2 VR6?"
    Smack, S.C. hit the floor. His staff were laughing more than he was.
    I've spoken to C&R on many occasions, and that was their word. Not Mr. Cresswell's word, obviously - but his staff seem to (again, just in my opinion) despise him.
    As do most people who deal with him.......