Cabriolet or Corrado

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by neath_jmj, Mar 13, 2004.

1. neath_jmj Forum Member

In around a year or so i am gonna be looking to sell my car a mark3 gti golf [:^(] lol and i am looking to purcahse either a corrado or a mark1 golf cabriolet [8D].

I have only recently been intrested in a cabriolet but i just like the look of them and i am sure they are kool in the summer [8D].

So what do you guys reckon [:?:] If i was to get a corrado i would like a vr6 as in a year i am hopefully hopefully gonna have 6yrs ncb if nothing goes wrong up until then and i will be 24yrs old then so insurance should be ok for me.

When i am looking to buy i will have around 4000 maybe to spend so what you reckon [:?:] what kind of cabs are there [:?:] what are the best ones [:?:] and the same for corrado 's, any help, info, ideas, would be great chaps [:D]

2. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

'rado :thumbup:

cabs suck :thumbd:

3. Joe_Gti Forum Member

Cab!

These hard top people have no idea..

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

Ask the question in a years time when its more relevant!!

5. neath_jmj Forum Member

Well it is relevant now tbh, i wanna plan and watch the market so i know how much i should be paying on the car, how much parts are, what insurance would be about, and so i can keep my eye out on a good deal and may by 1 before then

No harm in discussing or thinking is there

6. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

i wish you'd say what you mean instead of beating around the bush...:p

7. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Get a grip, its no contest....Corrado every time (unless youre a hairdresser) [:$];) :lol:

8. Jeff Forum Junkie

:clap: :thumbup: :lol:

9. neath_jmj Forum Member

LOL nah not a hairdresser honest lol i just think cabs do look kool but then again so are corrado's

10. vrbanana Forum Junkie

You could go for the VR6 or the VR6 or even the VR6. The 16v is under powered :thumbd: , the 2.0 8v is a flat as f**k :thumbd: :thumbd: and the G60 will make you suicidal when the ridiculously noisy and horrible charger goes tits up [xxx] ......plenty of choice then. Oh and dont bother with a Storm because they are over priced and for the posers [:v:]
    I loved my VR6 for the whole of the 6 years I had it and I will buy or build another

11. Jeff Forum Junkie

OK being sensible now:

A mate of mine has a cab, and tbh I've always thought they were a bit hairdresser ish - and yes it does affect the performance, which is why I dont think I'd have one as my only car. Plus the look doesnt really do anything for me, it just looks like "lah di dah look at me I've got a cabriolet daaaahling" to me. Unless its a sports car like an elise or something, that doesnt look like its had its roof chopped off, but isnt cheap either.

BUT in summer, theres no beating that wind in your hair feeling, what I wasnt getting was that its not just about the look, its actually pretty damn cool driving around with no roof, its just a whole new experience and I loved that side of it!

12. Jeff Forum Junkie

I'd still have the corrado though, they look 1000 times better in my opinion, and the performance and handling of a vr6 corrado would far outweigh the fun factor of having no roof.

Speaking from experience here, having owned a corrado (g60), owned a vr6 engine in my rallye, and been out in my mates mk1 cab!

13. Jeff Forum Junkie

Oh and if you havent heard a VR6 with a free flowing exhaust and an induction kit, go and listen to one and then tell me you want a cab. I defy you to!

14. neath_jmj Forum Member

Cheers Jeef that info was kool, i have seen several corrado vr6's for sale at resonable prices but they have had around the 130,000 miles on the clock is that to much or what [:?:] cheers

15. vrbanana Forum Junkie

The only cab I would look at would be an Audi.....And that would be for the wife:lol:

16. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

130k is nothing if it's well looked after :)

17. neath_jmj Forum Member

That is what i like to hear lol i only do about 5,000 miles a year if that to be honest only done 1,000 miles in the last 8 months in my golf lol and its not because its off the road just that my work place is 2mins down the road

18. Rahul Forum Junkie

:lol:

19. Rahul Forum Junkie

you wanna buy my cab?

20. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Unless its had the chains replaced. If it hasnt then you need to knock a lump off the price as its a fairly labour intensive job.
    Other problems with high mileage VRs are the engine drops onto 4 or 5 cylinders when revved from cold, chains of course as they make a mess when they go, worn out valve guides and the plugs fouling up because of oil consumption, corrosion of the cylinderhead, head gasket leaking oil from the drivers side.