Cabriolet or Corrado

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by neath_jmj, Mar 13, 2004.

1. vrbanana Forum Junkie

NO

2. vrbanana Forum Junkie

3. neath_jmj Forum Member

How much [:?:] Just ou of intrest [:D]

4. Jeff Forum Junkie

no advertising on the forum rags :lol:

5. vdubgirl Forum Member

Jeff the mod ;):lol:

IMO the raddo vr6 will be hopefully hold it's value if its a good one but the down side to them is repairs panels are expensive and vr6 fuels bills are huge and if they up the tax on 2.0L you have that to worry about aswell.
    Cabbies are great summer fun I love mine to pieces but again some parts are difficult to get.

I'd go for a cabbie over the raddo but thats only because I'm not overly struck on the raddos :)

6. AndrewF Forum Addict

IMO not really much use having a cab in england what with the weather we have! fine as a second car.

anyway, a 'rado is much nicer than a mkI...and a vr6, well, once you've had one everything else sounds like a diesel! :lol:

click on the disc icon to hear a vr6(you may have to register first tho)

7. Dave J Forum Member

I used to have a MK1 Cabriolet, it was a fantastic car, the best i have ever had. Mind you, it wasn't so nice in the rain and definately not nice on a cold winters morning! If i were to have another, it would be as a second car. I would dearly love a Corrado though...when funds allow.

8. HiAsAKite Forum Member

VR6 Corrado..... ..had mine 7 months now and I still keep making excuses for 200 mile drives.....

Just make sure that its been looked after, regularly serviced and oli has always been kept topped up..

Oh, and expect 28MPG on normal driving

9. Bronze MK1 Cab Forum Member

Go 4 the corrado :thumbup:

10. muppet Forum Member

[​IMG]

Problem solved ;)

11. Armour

Armour Forum Junkie

Drive a Corrado VR, the noise is enough to make you want one! My mates VR is possibly one of the best handling standard cars I have driven, very nice car![:D] Keep trying to get him to swap me it for my Mk4 turbo, so far no luck [:^(]

Alan

12. neath_jmj Forum Member

That corrado is smart in that pic above, thanks for all of the info and advice chaps, i think i will have to have a drive in both to be honest and see what i prefer, the corrado is my fav at the moment i think but if i saw a nice cab for good money i could well be very tempted

13. trisGTI Forum Member

the 'raddo is nice, but with summer just round the corner there really is only one choice ;)

plus you learn to take advantage of any glimpse of sun for an 'al fresco' jaunt (like this morning for example), the heaters are really good, so no probs there.

p.s. cheers Jeff, I understand ur attraction to the 'raddo, but do I recall you telling me my cabby "felt like a propper GTI"?

14. Jeff Forum Junkie

:lol: compared to how it was I meant :p

15. cliveyp Forum Member

Corrado's always make sense. Remember that on the numerous trips to the garage!! I would be hard pushed to change mine now. It took some getting used to (but my MK2 was my baby!!) but now i love it to bits. The sound of the VR is something to dribble over whenever you hear it, and although you get used to it, you don't half miss it when you get in a 4 cyl!!

16. Bronze MK1 Cab Forum Member

:lol: :clap:

17. mk1vdub Forum Member

I had a Cab for about a year and it was great! going for a drive with the top down is fantastic, people may take the urine and some of my mates did but it was funny that they would still love to come for a drive in it ;) as long as the hoods good it'll be fine - mine leaked and it was a b*tch but still made up for it with a couple of days 'wind in the hair' crusin'

18. vrbanana Forum Junkie

If you want to feel the wind in your hair then but a hair dryer and spend the rest of the cash on a nice car:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Dinibird New Member

Its a tough one, but 4K will get you a top cab. Its good to be in a position where you can afford the best examples. I always loved the Corrado, but was always put off by the rumours about it being extortionate to run. But then I had a service bill of 600 quid for the first service for my cabbie and the hood still needed doing, which would have been another 500....
    Cabbies are a bit tarty, but they are my personal fave. That convertible Corrado is just plain nasty!!
    Up to you, but I know what I would want again. Corrado just isn't the icon the Mk1 is....

20. neath_jmj Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: I didnt know that this thread would cause so much discussion, i think in an ideal world i would be able to buy a top corrado and perhaps a chepish cab to do up