Caged track car insurance - who are people using?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by A.N. Other, Mar 31, 2010.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

It's renewal time for the track car shortly, so I'm going to have a ring around.

For those running caged track cars on actual policies, all recommendations gratefully received, either on the thread or via PM :thumbup:

2. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

HIC never battered an eyelid at my mk2 having a cage, only half a cage though, the price didnt go up at all but with all the negative threads on HIC I plan to stay away in the future.

3. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

HIC used to be the cheapest , but not sure if they are still the best
    My 8v i insured via them on some "classic" policy and its far to expensive

4. MarcN Forum Member

Have to say I'd avoid HIC. I currently have my race car insured with them, but to cut a long story short I'm really not impressed with them. Shame really as I've been with them for years on and off, but won't be using them again.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

I'm waiting to hear what it will cost from Footman James. Or rather, I haven't filled in the form yet... :lol:

6. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

Yeah starting to think the same with HIC , so would be interested to see what other people use
    I have been with HIC for all my cars for 9 years

7. altern8 Forum Junkie

HIC have not always been the cheapest but with they usally price match

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I recall the recent HIC threads - cost seems to be the gripe, apart from Mk1 valver's experience with the fire.

What are the general issues?

9. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

They keep putting me on classic policys , in which "no claims" cannot be built up if you have a gap in insurance policys , which i often do

- They used to match the no claims on my main insurance on my daily driver i have with them
    but they cannot do that any more

- I wanted to up my mileage on my 8v from 3k to 8k and they wanted another 200 almost double the premium

10. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Chris - mine's with Footman James, no problems but never had to make a claim so couldn't comment on that side of things. As I recall the only thing they mentioned when I gave them the list of mods was that they wouldn't be able to replace plastic windows in the event of a breakage, windscreen cover was fine though as that's glass.

11. F2 Stu Forum Member

I'm with adrian flux (althought theyre a broker and I'm with an insurance company called highway)

Didn't add anything to the cost of the policy either.

12. altern8 Forum Junkie

hic go via highway too

13. Horney Forum Member

Try greenlight, I just got an excellent quote on my track car. I don't have a cage at the moment but Tony who is a partner there said there's no problem when I do fit one. The cover includes trackdays for extra cost (not looked at how much yet). Well worth at least giving them a bell and seeing what they can do. They also do multicar to cover your daily.

Nick

14. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I'll be intrested on what the numbers are on trackdays, HIC quoted me 50 a day or XXX for unlimited days........

excluding the 'ring

15. madmk4 Forum Member

Brent acre are local to me, really friendly and they love Volkswagens !

I'm insured upto 210hp, no extra charge for modifications.

they are a brokers, who use highway aswell

16. Admin Guest

Im with Brentacre also like yourself i am on a BHP limit. all mods inc a cage is fine with them, so long as i ring to inform them of what i have changed they are OK. I specifically asked about a cage incase i decide to fit one. :thumbup:

17. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

I could only get two people to even quote for mine due to the power, and HIC were half the price of Adrian FLux.

18. pascal77uk Paid Member Paid Member

HIC and adrian flux are sister sompanies. Sometimes they will not quote against each other.

19. timsummers New Member

I'm trying to get my trackday mk2 insured at the moment. Been with HIC for 7 or 8 years now but think they've gone downhill in the last year or so. Price always seems to be good but I just can't get through to speak to anyone. Called yesterday and today, both times got thru to a woman on the overflow line promising that someone would call back and noone ever did. Think I'll give Brentacre and Greenlight a ring.

20. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

HIC have got shocking, just like adrian flux did after a while and as already said they are sister companies, really wish I had tried someone else for the cabby this year as Iv had nothing but trouble.

First of all forr no reason at all they canceled the insurance so at one point I may have driven uninsured and I didnt find out until I got a letter about the cancellation!

They never call back even when they say they will and they seem to loose paper work which was one of adrian fluxes problems aswell. I also did cancel one policy on another car with them back at the start of February, I only just got the refund of 350quid two days ago!

Im half tempted to cancel and re insure with brentace as Im scared of what trouble I might have with HIC if I make a claim.