Can I have some good, sound advice please?

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by yamz89, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

S2 = low 20s MPG, higher insurance, higher purchase price, no scrapyard bits and high parts prices.

Budget option to mod your car - 3.9 diff and a fast road cam. As long as you don't do massive mileage it'll be much quicker, and it's entirely up to you if you want to tell the insurance about it. Strictly speaking you should tell them, but they'll never notice.

If money's tight, why have you got 3 cars? (According to your sig - or are those your previous motors?)

2. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Did you not think to put another engine in the back :thumbup:

3. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

I don't happen to have a spare complete engine, subframe, set of hubs, brakes, suspension, wiring, ECU, exhaust etc etc lying around the unit for every car I ever get ;)[:p]

4. idlirp Forum Member

im for the ABF!

5. idlirp Forum Member

the donor mk3 gti 16V which was slightly bumped at the front (only one headlight broken) cost me about 300.

6. yamz89 Forum Member

Yeah i currently own, insure and the drive the three cars.

I grew up with that driver, my grandad bought it brand new back in 91' and he put a booster seat in there and he used to drive me road the welsh valley's when he could. I remember when you turned the ignition on and the led's would light up on the dash - this to me was so cool! The car just holds great memories, i will never sell it.

The Beetle i do want to sell but just havent got round to it yet with being on my final year in uni and all, theres a couple of things i want to do to it in order to make it perfect to sell.

So i guess i should get my final year boxed off, get a job, sort the bug out and look at what dosh i got to play with ehy?

Yamz