Can you recode modules with VCDS lite - permanently disable ESP on V6?

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by Dennis10, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

As in title, is it possible to recode modules with the lite version of VCDS? More specifically, I am looking to recode my ABS controller (03) to permanently disable ESP (except ABS brakes) on my Audi TT v6 3.2 w/DSG.

When I try to drive my car enthusiastically, the nannying ESP totally kills the power coming out of a corner and it feels like hitting a rev limiter - extremely annoying, it even kicks in individual brakes when trying to power through a corner, if anything it is more likely to cause an accident due to the sporadic way it comes in. I've never had ESP in a car before and don't want or need it now - have found the permanent solution to this here;

Permanently disable ESP (but not ABS brakes) on V6 Audi TT

Am away for work at the mo, so can't check - possible to do with the lite version?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

If it's possible with vcds-lite... I believe you will need to unlock the free version with the $99 license fee from Ross-Tech.

3. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Ok so I acquired the ability to recode modules...

BUT...

I had a look at doing this today on my V6 - but my ABS module is an MK60 and gives a code of 22548 instead of the one mentioned in my link above.

Is it a simple matter of subtracting 2048 from 22548 = 20500 for the new code? Or is there something else?

I hit 'DO IT' to recode the moduel and it seems to have taken - am I supposed to get a confirmation or anything?! How else am I supposed to know it has accepted the recode - drive it like a banshee to see if ESP kicks in!?

Also regarding the launch control - do I still need to hit the ESP button before this mode enables or do I just hold the brake and press the accelerator?

**EDIT** Ok so I guess this hasn't coded properly since I just coded in auto locking, alarm sound on arm etc and it has changed the soft. Coding to the new code, but ABS hasn't changed after the recode :?

Anyone successfully recoded their MK60 ABS to disable ESP with the same code as I have above (22548) ? All tips welcome!

4. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Just get a clone lead.

MUSHY 16V likes this.
  5. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Not sure what you mean?!

My lead works - but the recoding of the ABS module to code out ESP didn't work. 99% this has to do with not having the correct code for ABS only, not to do with the lead itself. Especially as I managed to code the Central locking module to enable extras..

6. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

aye you need to work out the new soft coding i'll find a better link for you ;)

7. MUSHY 16V

8. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I mean a fully working lead that will do CAN also. You can get them on the bay.

With some leads you can't do adaptions and codings.

9. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

Cheers Mushy, I'm having a good read through that link now - should be able to sort this out tomorrow. :thumbup:

Have finally tracked down and sorted out (fingers crossed) my hesitation issue, which was down the the inlet port changeover vacuum pump not depressing and changing from torque to power profile properly. Haven't had a problem since adjusting the vacuum arm on the white ball - it was at an angle and jamming when pulling down!

**EDIT**

It's an interesting read, but I'm no closer to figuring out the correct code for All ESP disabled bar ABS - haven't found anyone with the same soft coding as my MK60 controller..

10. MUSHY 16V

What part number is yours
    The one in my 4mo is 1C0 907 379F
    Soft coding 0023046

11. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

If you have a proper version of vcds. There should be a soft coding helper in the software If I remeber correctly

12. MUSHY 16V

aye it doses but it dont help you with this kind of thing just too old
    it's not like the newer can stuff

13. MUSHY 16V

i take it you loged in using 40168 first before trying to chang the soft coding

14. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Yep tried logging in, it accepts the code, although I can recode without actually inputting a login code - at least it lets me attempt it.

My soft coding is: 0022548
    My VAG number is: 8N0 907 379 K
    Component: ESP ALLRAD MK60 0102

Still no luck with any other codes mentioned.. :thumbd:

15. MUSHY 16V

so you put in 0020500?

16. MUSHY 16V

so you put in 0020500?

17. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Yep tried that Mushy, nothing doing.

A google search doesn't bring up much at all regarding my soft coding. I'm stumped

18. MUSHY 16V

when you change it dose it stay as the value you enter if you go back in and check it

19. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

I login, go to recode, type in the code, click 'DO IT' - recode screen disappears as if it has taken, but the code stays the same as my default code. A check of the ESP button shows it still functions as it would normally if the code was default, so it hasn't coded properly.

20. MUSHY 16V

Aye had that coding other things if the new code is not right it want except it
    Some times you can't code them had that with the r32 clocks you can't change the soft coding on them as that part is only fitted to the r32

You may have to keep trying different numbers till you get one that works