Club Gti Crimestoppers! Vee_Dub_Dan

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Jamie_pyrite, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Hi all, basically I'm having some trouble with a user here who goes under the name Vee_Dub_Dan. http://www.clubgti.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=27106

I bought a gti grill off him in early November - paid for it by sticking the money straight in his account, not using paypal or anything (as it would be quicker and he seemed sound). Well for over a month he made various excuses up that the money wasn't in his account! Went down to the bank and got them to check his account and the money definately went in and he had spent it the next day too! So emailed him saying that they said it's definately there. So he said he'd checked his account again, etc. and nothing came up..

So finally he agreed the money was there with the excuse "The transaction only showed up on my Business Statement for the account which I only get quarterly." Load of b*llocks! He sounds i'd say about 20-21 years old.

So I shrugged this off and he said he'd get it sent straight away.. He did not. It was taking him 4-5 days to reply to me at this point despite his profile on this forum saying his last activity had been before then.

He then made some stupid excuse up about a postal strike in Oxford so it would take a while for it (despite agreeing to send it 1st class recorded!) and would be there before Christmas. Christmas came and went an so did the new year! And I'd heard nothing back from him. He finally replied saying he's at his gran's in Manchester and would send me the recorded delivery no. to see what's happened to it when he got back to Oxford.

He then said that the package had been sent back to his house for no reason and that he'd go back down to the post office the next day and sort it out. "I wish I sent it first class recorded now! I will do this time." Lying little f*cker!

Since then, I've not heard from him. I've been emailing him and PMing him on here and I managed to find his mobile number so I've been ringing him every day! His last online activity was the 22nd..

My job means I work closely with the police so I asked them for some advice. They phoned him and told him unofficially that I will pass it on to the police if need be. But that was an answer phone message as he doesn't pick up! Not heard back still..

So here's his details:

Daniel Walker
    (details removed)

I did have his car reg no. from a For Sale thread he had but he's taken the picture down now!

So if you can think of anything to do or actually know him, please say! Excuse the long post, just thought I'd tell a story ;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Lists himself as a student on his profile.

Email address, don't care if I disclose it: dgwalker02@gmail.com

Get on the case with Facebook: Dan Walker, clearly

4. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Thanks Chris. Totally forgot to post his e-mail address!

Couldn't find anything on myspace or facebook for him..

5. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Post his bank details on as many sites as you can think of. Maybe somebody will abuse his account....

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I think a 500 charity direct debit should leave him with an overdraft fee (student ;)) to match the cost of the grille, therefore delivering a taste of his own medicine.

7. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

[:D] Just had a PM from a member regarding the direct debit idea! Not too sure how to do it so anyone else fancy it? ;)

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

9. jedi_stylie Forum Member

im sorry to hear this has happened. but im not sure its the best idea to post his bank details up... if something were to happen could it not get back to you?

Luke

id get all your mates to abuse his phone and call it 24/7 and give him **** that way

10. GTI-Jay Forum Member

What a f**k nugget. do u have his address? and go to a libry or internet cafe and set up a direct debt on as many sites as you can think of. order things like a years surply of gay times to his houes address :lol:

11. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

can i get a the thread closed please? He's sent me an email saying sorry but he was in france seeing his mum in hospital and his phone was left on charge at home. ill remove his bank details for the time being :) I've told him I just want my money back as I don't want the hassle of him having to track it down then resend it. Would be waiting another 2 months!

12. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Locked unless this matter remains unresolved in 5 days - in which case this will re open.

13. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Unresolved - thread open again.

14. richfromnotts New Member

hmmm send the boys round time me thinks....its getting boring in here!!

15. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Haha, well it's been 2 weeks since he said he'd send a cheque and not heard anything back from him.

God, I really can't be bothered with this anymore - Probably nearly spent as much time chasing him as the part costed me in work hours!!

Shall give him another ring tomorrow morning. Anyone in the oxford area? ;)

16. EZ does it Forum Member

post his home address if youve got it.. ill bust him up or something :p

17. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

For all the cost of a grille, you may as well just go and stick a knife through a pair of his tyres.

18. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

spring loaded centre pop on a rainy night ;)

19. RoyF18 Forum Member

I take it he's been PM'd or whatever so he knows about this thread? What is CGTI's policy on banning dickheads like this from the forum?

20. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member