Cod: Mw 2

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Wez, Dec 24, 2008.

1. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

can't get on the servers either, and only downloaded the 2nd update tonight, when I was on the last mission, just presumed there was no trophies until they kept popping up every 5 minutes [:D]
    just over 5hrs for me :thumbup:

2. WEZ

was getting royally owned on MP, all the americans are on now, so connection isn't great although I did manage to rank from lv4 to lv8 in one match, 3000 points [:D]

gonna try and rank by sticking with one gun and doing all it's challenges, get loads of points for that.....

3. superden Forum Addict

I got a copy on my way home from work the other day, 32 in Asda. Certainly better than 40+ ! I've only had a quick go on SP so far but its pretty entertaining, I'll have a go on MP at some point over the weekend.

4. Rigs Paid Member Paid Member

I took the lazy mans option and bought it off steam yesterday and left it downloading overnight.

Looking forward to destroying all the kiddies later on... :thumbup:
    (UberCODgeeksquad!GO!) :lol:

5. smp1987 Forum Member

6hrs online MP time Rank 27 15kills a match kill best kill streak 20 :p best match 40kills 10deaths Rock on Boys!!!

6. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Guys, is it still possible to pick this up quite easily for 26ish from Sainsbury's, Tescos, etc? Or is / was that offer limited to just certain stores?

My wife picked it up for me today from HMV and paid 45 for it, and then someone pointed out that they're almost half the price elsewhere.

To be honest an extra 20 is feck all to me, but it's more the principle. How the f*ck can there be such a price difference? I'm tempted not to even bother unwrapping it and playing it this weekend and just seeing if HMV will accept it back.

7. WEZ

supermarkets thing, buy in bigger bulk, even if they don't make any money on it, it's the money they'll make when you go in store and go "ooh, i'll have some pringles to munch while i'm playing all night, and a six pack, and that, and that :lol:"

8. WEZ

[Final UPDATE] fourzerotwo says: “PS3 Status update of the day: PSN Multiplayer should be running at full capacity. We expect smooth skies ahead.” “Full capacity means anyone who wants to join should be able to. No limit.” via twitter.
    Invite issues will be addressed by the patch coming by end of the week.

that'll explain that then stu..........

9. James_mk2 Forum Member

Played this today at a mates house despite promising myself i'd wait until monday when i get it for my birthday, its fecking maazing! Jumped straight into multiplayer having not played on the PS3 (any game at all) for 2 months and annihilated everyone in a free for all :lol:
    Can't wait until monday.

All the hundreds of different point combinations for killing people on a kill streak, or someone that's just killed you seem a bit unnecessary though, they were popping up with all sorts of challenges every couple of kills

10. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

There`s a new feature too that makes `invites` redundant anyway...

Select one of your friends, and `Join Session`.

You then end up in the same match straightaway. Simples...just like Xbox has had forever...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  11. Adam_16v Forum Member

It's a loss leader to the supermarkets. They are losing 10 on each unit they sell just to get customers through the door!

It works, but will put me out of a job at this rate (I work for the retailer you mentioned)

12. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

I see the party chat restriction only applies to certain game types which isn't as bad as initially reported.

I've been a bit resistant to playing this type of online FPS again, but based on a bit of play last night its blowing the doors off of the unfinished Forza MP.

I didn't find the Live servers that stable though, lag, multiple host transfers, one mid round.

13. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Now got it, f*ck not wise playing it with hangover from hell

14. WEZ

now completely haxxed!

I joined a game and got everything unlocked for me, on screen it was saying "god mode, achievements unlocked - 30%, 40%, 50%" etc
    before I realised what was going on it got upto 70%

I figured he was doing it to myself as the haxxors have a different screen to us and when they mess with the game, you see their screen.
    it proper ****es em off when you can still pwn 'em, so then they turn invisibility on and they can teleport all the opponents to themselves where they just kill you over and over, they only seem to hang out in team deathmatch though....

15. Trev16v

Yeah it's absolutely unbelievable. I've played a few games where someone has had what I understand is called the "CL hack" (CL being 'Custom Lobby', I think). Whenever he killed me, in his killcam view I would see him work his way though a customised menu of some sort. I was also seeing messages pop up advertising the CL patch for sale if you sent $5 via PayPal!

It's disgusting that this can happen and that Sony haven't done anything to block it.

Yes the worst thing is that they can f*ck about with your own profile as you say Wez and apparently unlock all of your challenges and stuff. Can't believe someone's figured out how to do all this, and hasn't been stopped doing it.

16. WEZ

Sony block it?

surely it's inifnity ward, who are now not associated with call of duty so i'm presuming aren't supporting it anymore and don't give a ****?!

17. Trev16v

Well yeah, Sony or Infinity Ward. Oh, not associated anymore? Are they not going to do another COD game?

18. WEZ

they were kicked out last year Trev.

just looked up the cl hack and I suppose it's partly sony's fault, there's alot more to it than i thought, you need to jailbreak your ps3 first and mess around with patches and ****, I just presumed it was a simple game haxx like on previous games that you could install onto your game file...