Dash conversion swap advice needed please!!

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by welshwizzard88, Nov 7, 2010.

1. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

PAB he wants a dash converion not a whole car converion:lol:

2. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

For sure! For sure!

:clap:

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

on a related note, me, earlier:

[​IMG]

4. welshwizzard88

welshwizzard88 Forum Member

Well Guys,

I have won a Corrado dash on ebay.[:D]

Does any one have any diagrams advice on wiring the dash up.

Will i need to swapp the clocks over?

unfortunatly i missed a set of lecy mirrors buy a quiq!![:^(]

The window switches are the bit i am unsure about i have two center consoles one for lecy window and one without. i belive i need to cut one down if so i think i will make alliminum insert and put switches it the big void section maybe with vdo`s.

Can corrado door cards be moded to fit the mk2? unsure what to do about mirror controls when i get some?

5. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

If your Mk2 is a later one (`90-spec`) then it should be pretty much plug and play (assuming you`ve got the Corrado dash loom too that is...)

Yep. But again they`ll be pretty much plug and play with the later fusebox. You`ll then need to get a Corrado/Mk3 electronic speedo sender to replace your current speedo cable.

Mk3 centre console is much easier to modify to fit, and `matches` the Corrado dash better.

No. Totally different shape. Nothing to stop you neatly cutting a hole and putting the Corrado window switches in your Mk2 `cards though. Same for the leccy mirror controls.

6. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I did mine with a CE1 fusebox and had to match up all the correct wire using two diagrams. It worked perfectly. :)

I installed the window swithes in using an ali panel fixed in the space (cubby hole) at the bottom of the rado dash. I also tucked ISV controll box in there too.

You wont fit corrado clocks in place without modding the steering column mounting bracket. May be better to try and fit a corrado column. Especially if you want fully working vents.

I had to mod the mk2 column. This bring the steering wheel a bit lower, which leaves less space, between your legs and the wheel. I thought of getting the lower 'rado seats to give a bit more room.

7. rubjonny

8. welshwizzard88

I have the dash now??

It came with no heater switches but looks like the mk2 ones fit.

No loom either.

However it did come with the center tunel so think i will try to fit that as i fancy geting corrado reats and retriming them.

i think my golfs going to go vr6 so think i will try to fit coraddo vr6 clocks.

having test fiteed the center tunel it catches on the set adjusts is the coraddo wider than mk2 or are seat adjust on the outside?

9. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Mk3 centre-console is a better fit (like I said before!).

You`ll need to find a loom, and unless you fit the VR engine at the same time the VR clocks won`t work correctly.

10. rubjonny

corrado backrest adjust knobs are halfway up the back of the seat back, and so they clear the rado console :)

11. welshwizzard88

sorry stumc i thought that was if i was cutting a mk2 console down.

i appologise for lack of capitals but my shift key is broke waiting for new keyboard to arrive.

My 8 valve motor has major water leak and isv is shoot so car is only started to move it at moment, so i will be doing the whole lot in one just need to get engine craine.