designadubs any good?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by fthaimike, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fthaimike Forum Addict

http://www.designadubs.com/

They any good?

Just wondering if anyone had any gripes with them or just all praise?
    Edited by: fthaimike

2. fthaimike Forum Addict

Hmm thats why i just started this thread from a theory like that..........chatted to a miffed off person who wouldnt come on here & said thread would be deleted anyway? weird i thought he was joking?

3. GTi69 Forum Member

I wouldn't let them near my car again.

4. Chris H Forum Junkie

Care to elaborate on that. :)

5. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

i've found them to be very helpful - they did a lot of the work on my old red mk2 2.1 16v, and i was pleased with the results i got - also found that they were good at helping out at short notice; a couple of times i had something break on on my car and they were very good about getting the car looked at quickly - ended up driving down from lincs a couple of times when no-one else nearby could help.

Not many companies have offered to open up on a sunday to fix my car for me before!

I wouldn't say they are perfect - i can't think of a company that is - but i still use them for my runaround (which i bought from them) and will keep doing so for the forseeable future

6. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

7. Oplaii Forum Member

I know I won't be taking my car back their ever again.
    Edited by: Oplaii

8. fthaimike Forum Addict

This was the reason why i started this thread as a neutral outsider & for people to air their views which this part of the forum is for (before anyone does decide to delete it) & if it is deleted without reason then i wont stop until im given a good enough awnser.

Ok if it turns into a sl*gging without any proof or info fair enough but this seems to be appearing quite quickly.

Even by starting this thread people have already contacted me so that old saying of smoke without fire seems to fit & people should be able to hear of others trouble on here as we are quick enough to shout about any other retailer or supplier that miffs us off.

9. DEX

This forum is for people to give their first hand personal experiences of a company.

All posts relevant to the topic by people who have had work done at Designadubs are more than welcome - as long as the posts are factual and not merely "my mate said"

If a post expresses opinions on a company instead of first hand facts it will be deleted - as with all threads on the forum about companies.

I read the link to the thread on CGT Worcs - anyone know if there is an update on this? I see the last post was several months ago.....

Thanks

Dex

10. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

The wiring problems were sorted out by midland vw.
    problems with car below

topic 2
    topic 3

11. DEX

correction - first hand reports of work done by a company are welcome - second hand repeats of rumour are not

Please be sure to relate any comments to a particular bit of work, not general comments.

Andy - links not working at the moment, i know on the first thread there was some talk of trading standards - do you know if anything came from this or if there were any legal proceedings either way?

Motorhead - as i said in the PM if you have any issues with the moderation in the forum i have already told you how you can address them

thanks

dex

12. VR6Will Forum Member

I've not had a problem with DD, and i would take my car back time and time again!

i borrowed a mates vr, while i was driving it the timing chains broke, Matt fixed the car very quickly and very reasonably priced too, the car was even picked up by Chris, not many companies would do that! i've known them to be working very late and like Dex says even on Sundays.....

:thumbup: from me!

13. AndyG

AndyG Forum Member

The links work ok for me [:s]
    I'm not sure whats happening on the trading standards side,so I cant comment

14. veedubber Forum Member

:thumbd: :thumbd:

I wouldn't use them again, and infact i'll never pay anyone to do an engine conversion on my car ever again as a result, no matter how good or bad the company is.

I had a lot of people think i was lying about the work that happened on my car due to the huge gang of friends and followers, but time and patience has slowly started to show the truth IMO

stef

15. fthaimike Forum Addict

Yep try to keep to factual stuff otherwise this thread wont last a day

16. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

Se the disclaimer at the bottom. Untill i can get the legalities confirmed this is only my interpretation of the situation.

It doesn't need to that is covered by Libel law.

Its a myth that there is free speech in this country Libel laws, deformation laws, blasphemy laws, race laws, and the new religious hatred laws going through parliament at the moment. In truth what we can say is really very limited.

You have a right to freedom of speech, but not when that freedom impeaches on the rights of others.

As this is a public forum we have a duty to uphold the laws of this country including, but not limited to,Libel, deformation, blasphemy, race, and the new religious hatred law. If you post an unsubstantiated claim then the club could be sued as a result. We therefor reserve the right to edit or delete your post as per the forum rules stated here

Basic Libel for Idiots is a simple guide to libel law.

The above message is expressed as opinion by the named poster.
    All "facts" stated are 'opinions' unless otherwise proved and supported.
    No offence or antagonism is implied.
    It is your inalienable right not to agree with said opinion.

Edited by: Paradroid

17. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

We all moderate the threads on an equal basis. What you are suggesting is totally incorrect and I take offence that you could suggest that we operate in such a manner.

18. Admin Guest

which is great if people use the facts in front of them, using that for proof is fine, its when people don't use proof and just mouth off about this and that is when the problems start.

and i'm not saying that to stick up for DD, i just want people on here to realise that proof goes a lot futher.

19. VR6Will Forum Member

wot is wrong with all you people, its sooooo easy for others to slate something or someone, but difficult for people to give praise....

example 1

example 2

example 3

here are just a few examples of some VERY happy customers, i could go on and find hundreds more! If you all think your so good why dont you start your own company, i'd like to see how well you actually do, i reckon you wouldn't last long....

20. veedubber Forum Member

Mate there is nothing wrong with me thankyou very much.
    I think i am very justified to say something about this, and so it seems quite a few others! Wouldn't you rather find out the bad experiences before you put your hard earned money into an engine conversion etc.

As for doing it myself, i now have done. I could do a VR6 conversion in a mk2 myself better than i had mine done. Atleast i know that not bolting the subframe to the car tightly can cause you very dangerous problems, or fitting rear discs to a car without a brake bias could end up with you being put into a very scary situation. I could just go on and on and on!!

stef

Edited by: veedubber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.