designadubs any good?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by fthaimike, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valver Forum Member

Think Phatty's spotted a gap in the VW tuning market! :lol: ;)

2. Golden Forum Junkie

Me too, can I borrow an adjustable and a hammer from someone, I've already got the duct tape :thumbup:....

3. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

LMAO at Phatty!!!

4. voodooelie Forum Member

Just spat my breakfast all over the desk! :lol:

5. voodooelie Forum Member

SHUT IT BRUCE! :lol:

You are just pi55ed cause I kept you up all Saturday night shagging a noisey bird in my tent ;) :lol: [:s]
    Edited by: voodooelie

6. Chris H Forum Junkie

good effort :clap: :lol: :lol:

7. Hairylee Slice Forum Member

Did she have tourettes?

8. voodooelie Forum Member

NO obscenities and involuntary tics that I noticed.

Just noisey :lol: ;)

9. thebluebus Forum Junkie

:lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:

10. Hairylee Slice Forum Member

Agreed, everyone is entitled to an opinion and to be honest pictures or first hand sightings of shoddy workmanship can speak volumes that no amount of stories could ever excuse.

Jeff, if you didnt have you're car stored at desinadubs would you be so quick to defend the obvious issues people have had with SOME of the work they have done? Your agruments do sometimes come across slightly biased which is understandable if you have recieved the good service you say you have. Just think you could admit that there has been some f**k ups along the way which seems quite evident from other customers experiences........

11. red_golf Forum Member

Why shouldnt Jeff defend them if he is pleased with the work on his car... at the end of the day it's his opinion like others have given...

With some cases people make out it's all one sided when their are other factors which influence the situation...

Take Dizzie's situation for instance...

He had to wait 3 months for a engine so he says but seeing as they couldnt get 180bhp engine they went for a 150bhp AGU engine (at no extra cost) to make 180bhp... the 150bhp AGU engine most regard this as the engine to have and sell for much more than a 180bhp engine. Dizzie did not state which engine he wanted but just a 20v with 180 bhp when he confirmed the details before he came to drop off the car so Designadubs thought this would be better for him....

He dealt with a Designadubs member who left before the work was carried out.... this complicated the situation because things were agreed with him that other Designadubs members would have not agreed to if they had known. I.e he was told it would be carried out in 2 weeks when it clearly wouldnt be... this mainly due to the fact that it was also going to be having the bay prepped and painted at a nearby company which would take a great deal of Designadubs working time on the car away. The bodyshop took a lot longer than expected to do the job because it had been fitted in around other jobs... therefore when Dizzie was emailing and calling everyday and wanted the car back as soon as possible i.e the job was not done to the highest quality.

Then when Dizzie wanted a TT engine in there Designadubs travelled all the way up to pick the car up and leave him with a cortesy car... the second time the job was done much better because they weren't held up with the bodyshop and could spend longer on it... and since then he hasnt had any problems with it.

Other factors which influenced the situation was supplying Designadubs with faulty parts and blaming them for not being fitted correctly. Cancelling cheques for the conversion.... need i say more !

I have had work done by Designadubs which i have been very pleased with and i speak to Dizzie a fair bit so im not saying anyone is lying about what happened but im just saying there are other factors to think about which arent clear when people explain there side...

I think it's fair to say its like most companies that some people will be more happy with work than others due to the nature of the jobs....

12. Jeff Forum Junkie

I admit that nobody is perfect. I have never once said those pictures are acceptable. BUT I will take issue with this
    If I showed you a pic of my rallye and said its been there over a year and looks like this, and left it at that, youd be saying the same thing. But because I know the background, its a totally different story that reflects well on designadubs, not badly! Perfect example (which I've already brought up) of how a picture is equally prone to misunderstandings. Because you could say its a picture of how designadubs thought it was finished, which would be shocking, or you could say it was a picture of an unfinished job that they had yet to finish, either because you havent paid them yet or because you've decided to hassle them till they give you your car back before its finished, which is perfectly understandable. So don't tell me that pictures are the be all and end all, all they show you is what it looked like at a particular moment in time, which when you think about it tells you very little!

13. Jeff Forum Junkie

what is this obsession with pics? a picture tells a thousand words, but if you think those 1000 words are automatically true, you're a fool. think about it, a picture tells a thousand words. But the words are generated in the head of the person viewing the picture.

take the pics of dizzies car, and put them on a forum with NO words whatsoever. See what kind of replies you get. half the people will say which cowboy did that? And the other half will say wow nice engine whens it going to be finished?

Because a picture only tells you what something looked like at the moment it was taken, and you would be lucky if you knew when that was, let alone when the other parts of the story occcurred in relation to it! Jeez, I'm starting to sound like a stuck record here. but I feel it needs to be spelled out, because some of you think that pictures say more than they do.

I even had richgit emailing me "proof" last night in picture form. Now all I saw was an engine with a big pink arrow on it, and I'm pretty sure if rich was shown that picture with no explanation he would think the same thing. But he was told what he told me by a third party who had every motive under the sun to shift the blame onto someone else, being the last people to touch his car before it went pop. Again, a picture telling 1000 words, those words being whatever you want to believe, unless you really really know your stuff, and I'm sorry Rich but I dont believe you could have diagnosed anything and made your own mind up from a pic like that.

I wouldnt mind, but I didnt invite this barrage of designadubs sl*gging off, I just received it randomly. I DO NOT WORK FOR DESIGNA DUBS, SO THERES NO POINT COMPLAINING TO ME!!

As for having my car there, yes I am slightly biased, but then I've had work done to a very high standard by them before it went in there this time. And I feel my comments have far more weight than anyone whos seen a few pics on the net, because I have been there several times. I also am extremely unbiased because I stand to win or lose nothing in this, unlike some of you who clearly believe you have been hard done by.

14. red_golf Forum Member

No it wasnt.... maybe due to short notice to the bodyshop but it had nothing to do with Designadubs...

15. Jeff Forum Junkie

precisely my point. I agree and would have been the same if it was mine. So why do you think he did? Only reason I can think of is that he was impatient. And agreed with DD to take it as it was, before they said it was ready. Thats conjecture though, nobody knows except Dizzie and Designadubs. Food for thought though, I mean why else would he pay the bill and take it away?

16. Hairylee Slice Forum Member

:lol: @ "So dont tell me"

Agreed, maybe i didnt make myself clear in that repect. To assume a picture is evidence enough would be narrow minded and naive but the pictures of shoddy work have been backed up with an explanation of the customers disatisfaction with the end result as well as things that happened over the duration of the conversion.

The difference is Dizzies engine conversion and the end result is fact (as far as we know), the twist you just suggested on your Rallye is mere fiction(as far as we know ;) ). IIRC we were led to believe the photos where taken after the initial completion of the install. i.e DD's end product which they expected payment for. Dizzie could well be telling porkies but then what reason would he or any other unhappy customer be doing that for? Maybe i'm just too trusting and easily led-more so in fact when under the influence of alcohol :)

People give accounts of their dealings with DD's wether they be good or bad, are you suggesting that we shouldnt believe the bad ones purely because they received such praise in the past/present? Its human nature afterall and does happen in all walks of life - i call it the michael Jackson greatest fan syndrome. Ignorant to any bad publicity or comments from being blinded by their own beliefs-That is not directed at you Jeff, its just an observation [:D]

Its a shame that DD's doesnt make some kind of attempt to be involved in this thread. After all the company is being discussed by their target customers-VW owners!

17. red_golf Forum Member

[/QUOTE] precisely my point. I agree and would have been the same if it was mine. So why do you think he did? Only reason I can think of is that he was impatient. And agreed with DD to take it as it was, before they said it was ready. Thats conjecture though, nobody knows except Dizzie and Designadubs. Food for thought though, I mean why else would he pay the bill and take it away?[/QUOTE]

Nail on the head Jeff :clap:
    Edited by: red_golf

18. red_golf Forum Member

But what's the point if they did... people have made their mind up so they would be fighting a losing battle on this forum and why do they need to justify themselves to you...
    Edited by: red_golf

19. Jeff Forum Junkie

lol at michael jackson syndrome.

sums this whole thread up nicely IMO ;)

Do you really think you would get an unbiased report from Dizzie? When he's so clearly p***** off and would appear to think he has been had (the cheque was cancelled!).

I know what its like to be waiting for your car (trust me, I know! ;)) and I will say this about DD - they used to be fast, but since they got so busy, they tend to take their time over things wherever possible. Which is all good IMO. But it can lead to impatient people rushing them into giving back an unfinished car thats taking longer than expected for any number of reasons, and lets face it if someone says "I dont care, I just want my car back, heres the money" who is Matt to argue? The customer is always right, etc etc. I do believe he should've refused tbh, IF thats what happened.
    Edited by: Jeff

20. Jeff Forum Junkie

oh btw I'm not that blinkered that I havent thought myself of the michael jackson syndrome, as you put it. And I've sometimes thought maybe I am being like that, but I always come to the same conclusion - I and most of the people that go to designadubs for work are happy. It comes down to the old 5 complaints for every 50 happy customers thing I mentioned last week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.