DTA S40 pro wiring loom help.

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by G28OPN, Dec 6, 2013.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Actually now I think about it, are you referring to the 3 pin plug in the scuttle near the heater inlet, as found on the corrado KR? If so then the 3rd pin is an ignition live for the KR ECU so would be perfect but unfortunatly this isnt found on the MK2 Golf KR.

If not then I ant explain why your old ECU black/yellow wire has ignition live, unless it had been spliced to an ign live feed elsewhere in the loom e.g. by splicing the old idle switch black and black/yellow wires together or going behind the fusebox and splicing the ISV control unit black/yellow wire to an ignition live feed.

are you sure you didnt tap into the over-run cuttoff valve black/yellow wire near the airbox, because that one is ignition live :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

by Lambda sensor, you mean 'wideband' yes?

There are benefits to running a wideband on these, as there is a function to use a target map to learn the requested lambda and control the injector plusewidth :thumbup:

It is not absolutely required though, as you can map the car pretty much in open loop ( w/o sensor input) and achieve the required drive feel, all other settings equal.

3. G28OPN Forum Member

I think so Eddie. On the loom its labelled o2 sensor. The sensor is labelled narrow band heated lambda sensor, 3 wire.

Another question, the set up was previously on a 1.8kr, so will be mapped for that engine, would the current map get my engine running ok? Maybe even run the engine in?

4. Toyotec

You would need a wideband ( 5 wire sensor) to use AFR targetting.

The fuel and spark maps should be OK to start and drive the car to a dyno yes.

But I am unsure if the KR used a 4 window dizzy for the engine speed pick up, or a crank damper mounted 36-1 or 60-2 pick up, with different offsets for TDC.
    Or are you using the OE ABF Hall and 60-2 pick up?

Are you using a 4 pole coil pack or std?

If you get it powered up, then copy your map and send it to me, stating the ECU version and I can have a look.

Regards

Ed.

5. G28OPN Forum Member

Thanks Eddie. The kr engine was using trigger wheel and sensor on the crank pulley. 36-1 i think. Will check later. My engine will be using the same set as im using the 1y diesel crank, so no internal trigger wheel.
    The coil pack is a 4 pole, peugeot, i think Neal said it was. Its square with 4 holes and a 4 pin plug. No part or manufacturers numbers on it.
    Thankyou for the offer, but id have no idea how to send you the file! Ive only just figured out how to post pictures on here! lol

6. Toyotec

Send me an email on toyotec (at) hotmail.com

7. G28OPN Forum Member

[​IMG]
    This is the old crank trigger wheel concoction on the left, which was initially used. New setup on the right. The coil pack that im using is there too. Email sent :thumbup:

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

That's a wasted Spark Coil Pack Valeo 245079 or GSF R92503 (Renault Clio 1.2 / Laguna or Megane 16V (F5R engine)). Pug 106 also similar.

Made by Sagem.

G28OPN likes this.
  9. G28OPN Forum Member

Brilliant. At least now i know where to get another if this one packs up. Nice one Chris :thumbup:

10. Toyotec

Thanks.