!!Engine popped!!

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Stu.wilson, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Stu.wilson New Member

Well i had to do my bit for the local community, couldn't leave a huge lake like that covering the road. So i thought i'd try and suck it up. LOL:lol:

Still not to worry, i'm off down the insurance route now. Working out cheaper to pay the excess, i've got protected no claims so should effect me to much.

Cheers for all the support and !BEWARE! of low level cold air feed ;) . So with a bit of luck they might right it off and can go get a newer GTI. Any1 got one forsale?

Cheers Stu

2. garfayliu Forum Member

Hi Stu, wish you luck with your insurance company, mine was useless in helping with my cam-belt earlier in the week. (Admiral) said they don't cover wear and tear, then I mentioned flood that might have caused it and they said I shouldn't have driven through flood, so even though I'm fully comp, it only covers accidents/thefts. Which pretty much meant I'm stuffed.

3. The db

The db Forum Junkie

ADMIRAL are a farce - EVERYBODY BEWARE!!!!! I had no end of problems with them and although i had 2 months of insurance remaining i ended up jumping ship for Adrian Flux.

4. Stu.wilson New Member

Never knew Admiral where so bad, still i know that insurance companies done cover wear and tear. But the fact water was in play should atleast mean they take a look into it.

I'm with Adrian Flux at mo and it's underwritten by Highways, bloke at Adrian's says eligble to claim but cant say if it will be accepted, which is fair enough. But little worried as lots of bad press about on Highways, check the thread out. Very worth while reading the whole story of 'Blitzboys'!

http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28074

Cheers Stu