Ermmm....I knocked a guy off his bike, where do i stand?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by funkbaron, Aug 3, 2006.

1. funkbaron Forum Junkie

Have you read the thread? My car was moving at max 2mph, his pedal gouging my bumper sent him flying, nothing more. The reason I know he swerved was because, strangely enough, he was in the road in front of my car, ie he had to go round my bonnet to get past. Now save some face by keeping your stupid comments to yourself.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  2. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl
    o come on if your on the wrong side of the road on a bike it is at your own risk....

and if your on a pedestrian right of way on any "vehicle" your just breaking the law (unless its classed as a pedestrian/cycle route).....

and if your on a bike on a pavement, on the wrong side of the road and cross in front of a car that is waiting to pullout you are stark raving looney!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    i also walk (believe it or not) as well as drive and to me the unwritten law of the pedestrian is to cross behind a car, and keep looking just incase it moves backwards (again personally i would class this at my own risk, unless there was a crossing of some sort)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    and as for the car being at the bottom of the rights chain, not too sure about that. about a month ago the g/f`s mum ran over a little kid on his bike, the kid just came zooming out of his drive not looking out for anything! he quickly found his head implanted into a land rover bullbar...... the old bill was called, laughed and said stupid boy! (at this point the boy was in an ambulance even his mother and father agreed that he should have been looking)...........

YOU SEE its not about rights its about who was being wreckless in thier approach!, WRECKLESSNESS usuallly waves your rights and it becomes your own fault ..... FB this geezer could have scared you mentally why not put in a claim for damages!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    ........ as i have said before i done my cycling proficency course in school when i was 9, at this age i was told i should not ride on the pavement, and to this day i have not ridden on a pavement.....

i have however darted infront of cars, ridden in the middle of the road when there is a que, held onto busses, and even BROKEN THE SPEED LIMIT.

i have even once crashed into the back of a car on my bike and stumped up for repairs(and that fecking hurt), the guy said "all i could see was your face squashed up against the rear screen!!! -- i spat out a broken tooth and said "o really":lol:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    FB just class it as your usual twatish behaviour, you see not everyone has civil decency(sp). Above all not everyone plays by the rules!

3. Kozy Forum Member

As a biker (a kamakazi one on a mission) before I learnt to drive, I can fully apprieciate FBs thoughts on this. I used to tear up pavements all the time, it was usually safer than riding on the roads (especially in my area, retarded old tourists make up 90% of the traffic) but I was never this stupid. Brownie points for sorting it out as you did, although as has been mentioned, no matter what course of action you take in these circumstances, it can, and will be turned against you should the old fuxxer see fit to press charges. He broke 3 traffic rules, you may have broken 1, which means although you ear both in the wrong, he is clearly more so. I would have called the police on the spot personally if there were witnessness, and if there weren't, lumped him one and driven off.

4. damogti Forum Junkie

I thought it was down to wheel/bike size.... over a certain size and you wasnt allowed to ride on the pavement [:[]

5. Phil

Phil Forum Member

This thread has been tidied up, somewhat. Can we please knock the insults and childish behaviour on the head please. :)

6. ^^StEvIe-G^^ Forum Member

oh thats cruel :lol:

7. funkbaron Forum Junkie

:) .

8. GTIAndy Forum Member

Not being funny but did the old guy have cycling insurance? My dads mate got knocked off his bike but he has insurance, got loads of money as the guy pulled out infront of him on a round about, the guy got done for dangerous driving etc. I would tell him where to go if he doesnt

andy