Exhaust whats loudest??

Discussion in 'Engines' started by VR6pack, Feb 6, 2008.

1. VR6pack Forum Member

oh yea well i've not really tuned a v6 had a rs turbo runing 210 bhp and on that the bigger the better but i did ask a couple of posts ago about backpressure issues, the free flow cat option is probly best suited but am i gonna gain that much to warrent spending 3-400 quid on it when i could just get a de-cat pipe and hope i dont get stopped

2. VR6pack Forum Member

Schrick manifold doesn't that = bucks?? thats the inlet one isn't it definately dont want chavmobile just want everybody to hear the song my 6 cylinder beast plays

3. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Sounds like a dirty NOVA tho.

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

I would prefer under bonnet noise than chav style exhausts.

& living on a road i feal like ripping the sh*tty things off peoples cars late at night.

Get a custom made jobbie.

5. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Especially them w4nky scooters with no can on them, cause it takes about 10 minutes for the **** to go past the house.

6. VR6pack Forum Member

ah i have the scare a granny filter installed already[:D]

7. OldDirty Forum Member

talking about exhaust`s , I want to do a twin pipe on mine g2 16v , anybody can tell me where the 2 pipe should be connected to the main exhaust pipe ( middle or back or just before the end box ? ) and under what angle ??

8. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

its going to be purely cosmetic I think olddirty mate. so it will come after the backbox and go behind the bumper.

any further back and you are near the fuel tank.. which isn't a good idea

9. t'mill Forum Member

Just buy a Longlife/Powerflow jobbie. They're incapable of making a quiet exhaust.

10. OldDirty Forum Member

Thanks mate , I wasnt counting on power gains ( I was worried that Im gonna lose some HP to be honest ;) ) , is there enough space between the bumper and the fuel tank ??

11. fthaimike Forum Addict

:lol: I have a 2.5" Longlife one & very happy with it.

12. t'mill Forum Member

Yeah, i had the same on my valver Corrado fitted down Cardiff Bay. I asked for "As quiet as you can get it, and oem if poss". I think he had cotton wool in his ears when i gave him the brief. And i never see a car in Cardiff fitted with a Longlife thats quiet. Everyone always keeps that tacky "Longlife" sticker on the rear bumper just above the exhaust.

10yrs ago i would've been made up with the sound of the exhaust, but at 34 i want quiet lol's!!!

The quality, fit and finish was superb though in fairness, and i wouldn't hesitate in having another fitted if only they could guarantee quiet. Which after the 1st attempt i think is impossible!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  13. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

silencers are for sissys

14. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

how many silencers did they fit on t'mill?

i asked for backbox only on my powerflow one at the time.. and its a tiny lil can hardly any silencing done at all

fed up with it now tho.. i think its been on over 2 years

15. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

the single silencer on mine is a tiny can that you can see straight through anyway.

cant you go back and get them to add a nice middle box to shut it up?

16. t'mill Forum Member

I think they omitted one to be honest. I just assumed they'd copy the original fully but when looking underneath afterwards there was a gap towards the rear off centre where i'm sure used to be a silencer. So i just had the round middle silencer and the back box.

17. OldDirty Forum Member

do what I did when I wanted to go loud - this is gonna be funny - I had a Volvo once [:D] 340 1.4 on carb , bought it just for fun , i bought a sliencer from argos ;))) lol , cut out the middle box , honest it was the loudest car i ever heard , it sounded more like a dragster not a normal car

18. fthaimike Forum Addict

Did people laugh?

19. VR6pack Forum Member

i changed my missus exhaust once she had a little 1.4 clio on a p plate was proper quite i replaced the cat with a piece of scafold pole and then used a bike can from a gsxr1000 that sounded sweet(at the time) now im 27 going 28 hence the thread in the first place, i want a loud exhaust but not slap you in the face annoyingly loud i want it to sound the nuts if you can understand what i mean, im just searching for some ideas to how each individual exhaust off the shelf sounds like or from a custom place cuz i dont wanna keep buying then changing it if i dont like the sound.

Cheers all for the input didn't mean to open a can of worms:thumbup: :thumbup:

20. fthaimike Forum Addict

Could always pop down the local Mc'y D & see what's about. :lol: ;)